• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

C180 Fuel drain.

texmex

Hanging Rock, Australia.
Hello guys,

Does anyone know what type of fuel drain is this in my C180?

Any tricks to servicing?

Thanks,
Texmex.

IMG_3404.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3404.JPG
    IMG_3404.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
I have them on my 180k .that was an ad on wrinkles in he bladders that was the fix from Cessna.

That's the service kit from the early 90s, isn't it? I never asked why but my mechanic removed those old drains and replaced mine a couple of years ago during the annual. The new ones are beefier and work better so I never thought much about it.

Stewartb, could I have a photo of what you have installed now?

Does, or did you have that ugly riveted patch?

Stewartb, could I have a photo of what you have installed now?

Does, or did you have that ugly riveted patch?

I’ll try to get a picture when I can. Yes, my plane has patches, but they blend in nicely. I assumed the patch is from the late 80s-early 90s service kits. My old drains looked like yours. The new ones are Cessna S2106-2 drains, or so they appear. They flow better and seal better than what they replaced, that’s for sure. My plane is a ‘75. After reading about the old AD I found that was the first year the factory installed wing sumps as standard equipment. Maybe my “patches” were factory installed? Mine don’t draw any attention.

Last edited:
Back