• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Seatbelts- will they hold in a crash?

Does anyone have any experience with the AmSafe general aviation retrofit seatbelt or shoulder-harness airbag system?
Thanks

My go-to is Hooker Harness. They aren’t the only choice but they’ve been good for me in several special order transactions. Your big choice will be whether to use inertia reels or not. For reels the popular choice for Skywagons is BAS but Hooker has some as well.

Thanks for the response. It has what I believe to be the factory shoulder inertia reel harness. The lap belts are what need to be replaced at the moment as one is starting to fray along the edge.

76 J model.

Thanks for the response. It has what I believe to be the factory shoulder inertia reel harness. The lap belts are what need to be replaced at the moment as one is starting to fray along the edge.

76 J model.
To the best of my knowledge Cessna did not supply inertia real shoulder straps in the 1976 airplanes. They did have a diagonal fixed shoulder belt. I replaced mine with the BAS inertia real belts. http://basinc-aeromod.com/cessna.php

I think you are right. They are Amsafe inertia reels.

And after a closer look, one of the belts appears to have been replaced by Aircraft Belts who, it just so happens, is about a 2 hour drive from me. The other belt it appears is original. Might have to give them a call when I get off of my trip.

Last edited:
Probably done in conjunction with the reels. With Y straps it's imperative that both sides of the lap belt are adjustable to maintain center of your lap with the buckle. Stock belts didn't offer that.

I've used Wag Aero a few times for fixed belts and have always been happy with them. They don't do inertia reels though.. they want those to go to the manufacturer..

Back