Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 121 to 129 of 129

Thread: Have been eyeballing Maules for float work.

  1. #121

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern NH
    Posts
    480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aktango58 View Post
    I know where there is a set of floats for that Stinson, on the road system in Alaska
    2425’s?? I need a set.....
    Mark

  2. #122
    aktango58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    18AA
    Posts
    9,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeppers. My buddy has them, and the Stinson went away last summer.

    Send a pm if you want more info
    I don't know where you've been me lad, but I see you won first Prize!

  3. #123

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern NH
    Posts
    480
    Post Thanks / Like
    PM sent
    Mark

  4. #124
    skywagon8a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SE Mass
    Posts
    9,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welding required: http://www.univair.com/stinson/modif...t-fitting-kit/ and Auxiliary fin (No. 108-3901002)

    Be aware that 2425 floats have a reputation for leaks due to cracks, thin bottom skins.
    N1PA

  5. #125

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern NH
    Posts
    480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skywagon8a View Post
    Welding required: http://www.univair.com/stinson/modif...t-fitting-kit/ and Auxiliary fin (No. 108-3901002)

    Be aware that 2425 floats have a reputation for leaks due to cracks, thin bottom skins.
    Yep, I’m aware Pete we installed the float kit on ours. Do you know of any other float options for the -2? The STC’s for other floats seem to only apply to the -3. Eddie Peck or his brother is going to be down here later this month and I’m planning on meeting with him or discuss other options..
    Mark

  6. #126
    skywagon8a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SE Mass
    Posts
    9,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've no specific knowledge of other floats except that I've heard that 2440s have been used on Stinsons. Say hello to Eddie for me. He is a cousin to my late uncle.
    N1PA
    Thanks mam90 thanked for this post

  7. #127
    skywagon8a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SE Mass
    Posts
    9,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mam90 View Post
    Yep, I’m aware Pete we installed the float kit on ours. Do you know of any other float options for the -2? The STC’s for other floats seem to only apply to the -3. Eddie Peck or his brother is going to be down here later this month and I’m planning on meeting with him or discuss other options..
    This is the STC for 2440s on the -2 and -3. It does mention that it is approved only with the Continental engine. It seems to me that you could work around this limitation with your FSDO guy.
    http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Gu...A?OpenDocument
    N1PA
    Thanks mam90 thanked for this post

  8. #128
    cubdriver2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    9,815
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skywagon8a View Post
    I've no specific knowledge of other floats except that I've heard that 2440s have been used on Stinsons. Say hello to Eddie for me. He is a cousin to my late uncle.
    Say hi for me also. I drove him and his brother nuts when I got my Champ on floats with questions

    Glenn
    "Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"

  9. #129

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern NH
    Posts
    480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cubdriver2 View Post
    Say hi for me also. I drove him and his brother nuts when I got my Champ on floats with questions

    Glenn
    Will do Glenn - and Pete. Looks like Brinley will be the one coming down to swap some damaged floats off of a Champ.
    Mark

Similar Threads

  1. Take your cub to work day
    By Scouter in forum Cafe Supercub
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-11-2017, 12:25 AM
  2. I Don't Want To Work
    By Henny in forum Video Vault
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-30-2013, 09:13 PM
  3. Float problem? How to determine if your float is metal?
    By Aviator13 in forum Super Cub Sick Bay
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-30-2011, 08:02 PM
  4. Hull Float Speed and a few other float questions......
    By behindpropellers in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-30-2004, 11:01 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •