• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Replacing Seat Upholstery

What kind of cost are we talking about with Oergon Aero?
The seats in my 180 are getting a bit tattered,
it'd be nice to have them done up with posture-pedic foam,
maybe even some nice leather upholstery......
but not if it comes at the same price as a Ponk engine!
Looked at their website, no pricing info there,
but of course with such a wide variety of options re materials & fanciness
I guess it's pretty hard to list "standard" prices.

https://www.oregonaero.com/seating-systems/repair-station-services
I like the numbers involed in handicapping and sports wagering....whatever dollar amount you’re thinking, I’ll take the “overs”.
Damn they’re comfortable however

Last edited:
What kind of cost are we talking about with Oergon Aero?
The seats in my 180 are getting a bit tattered,
it'd be nice to have them done up with posture-pedic foam,
maybe even some nice leather upholstery......
but not if it comes at the same price as a Ponk engine!
Looked at their website, no pricing info there,
but of course with such a wide variety of options re materials & fanciness
I guess it's pretty hard to list "standard" prices.

https://www.oregonaero.com/seating-systems/repair-station-services

If I recall correctly it was in the "teens" for my -12. You're close enough to just fly down to Scappoose and talk with them. I am wanting to take mine back down to see about a slight modification to the front seat bottom. It's only about 1/2 hr or so flight for me.

I just got off the phone with Dave E at OA, for my 18 style seat, cloth, $738 less 10% since I talked to him at Oshkosh.

I just got off the phone with Dave E at OA, for my 18 style seat, cloth, $738 less 10% since I talked to him at Oshkosh.

That’s about what it would cost if you bought the material yourself and brought it to a local car/ boat upholsterer.

Speaking out of turn but I’m guessing that’s for the entire front seat. Priced them at OSH also and the front and back out of leather seamed like +or- $1800 for a super cub

For what it's worth if you can find a set of used Husky seat cushions they are OA. Also there's is a guy on the Husky web site that make covers out of water buffalo I think. He's in Thailand I think and advertises around $1500 if I remember right. Worth a look.

For what it's worth if you can find a set of used Husky seat cushions they are OA. Also there's is a guy on the Husky web site that make covers out of water buffalo I think. He's in Thailand I think and advertises around $1500 if I remember right. Worth a look.

They MAY be Oregon Aero. Early ones were not. I actually talked OA into making cushion sets for a Husky back when. Many since came from the factory with Oregon Aero cushion sets, but not all.

MTV

Are these required if your Husky is on floats?

I bought a set of used seat this past summer for my Husky. The seat cushions may have been firmly stuck in the butt of the guy that flip it over,lol, and left with him. Dee at Copper river told me that the cub guys were buying the cushions out of the wrecks he had. Mine is a 98' and that's about all I know about the Husky's , first one I've ever worked on.
AKTango, hope the fed's don't read that, it sounds like a solid basis for them the put it out as a AD,LOL

If you're just installing new skins over the existing cushions, it would be interesting to get a skin and see if we could match the material. We recover boat interiors with marine vinyl quite a bit. Doing some right now....

H%VQgAS4RGSqb0JkSEt5LA.jpggaV%a9ZhQ6WaLRyaH7%%6Q.jpg7buV3aWbTWaOTQmf299JjQ.jpg

Attachments

• H%VQgAS4RGSqb0JkSEt5LA.jpg
    H%VQgAS4RGSqb0JkSEt5LA.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 180
  • gaV%a9ZhQ6WaLRyaH7%%6Q.jpg
    gaV%a9ZhQ6WaLRyaH7%%6Q.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 176
  • 7buV3aWbTWaOTQmf299JjQ.jpg
    7buV3aWbTWaOTQmf299JjQ.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 170
If you're just installing new skins over the existing cushions, it would be interesting to get a skin and see if we could match the material. We recover boat interiors with marine vinyl quite a bit. Doing some right now....

View attachment 42358View attachment 42359View attachment 42360
Nice job Peter. When we were sitting in Cubs long hours fish spotting. Alot of us had custom front seats made up with high grade memory foam as a top pad but usually had the seat made with a zipper to install your sleeping bag as 3/4 of the filler, then you Aways had your bag with you! A 2lb down bag under 3" of memory foam makes a darn nice front seat bottom cushion.

Sent from my LM-X210 using SuperCub.Org mobile app

It doesn't happen so much anymore, but one of the best seats we used (in boats) back 10 years was what they called dual density - nothing more then a soft top foam, maybe 1 1/2" thick, and a denser bottom foam, maybe 3" thick. The soft top gave you comfort and the denser bottom gave support and prevented bottoming out. Not sure whey they went away from it other than cost. Now all the new seats are just hard foam.

pb

Edit : Since it's been taken out of context already, let me rephrase. The MFG of the BOAT cushions changed how they make them NEW. I offered this as a point of reference. How we upholstery them when we redo them is completely up to us, and has no relation to how the MFG did it when NEW.

Last edited:
Not mine! You need to find a better upholsterer.
One of the best on East Coast that does amazing work is located in Bangor, Me. She can do anything you
can imagine in logos, custom stuff.
Fair prices for HQ workmanship fast turn around times. Tammys Upholistry
Bangor, Me. 207 659-4559.

Sent from my LM-X210 using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Yep, local's good. Get the foam built up and try it in the plane to make adjustments before fabric goes on. That's how custom fitting gets done.

Just a comment on a comment. I've had furniture and airplane seats done by the same shop. Comfy!

Actually it's not a comment, it's a twist of the facts. By commenting that I need to "find a better upholsterer", you are making a statement as if I am having new factory boat seats reupholstered at some shop that only uses hard foam. Do you not understand that's not what I said?

Let me make it simple. I re-upholster interiors as the customer would like. The fact that I find single density foam when I unwrap the original seat from the OEM is a change from what they used to use. I am more than happy to install dual density foam or what ever the customer would like.

Fineline Interiors in Anchorage did these Husky seats, very nice work.
John

Attachments

• new husky 3.jpg
    new husky 3.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 136
Back