• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

North East winter Fun 17/18

[emoji57]. Yup. Aware of Tug Hill. Don’t trust Champlain. Stay inland.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

With high temperatures in the teens for the last few days, the salt ponds are starting to freeze.
_DSC5515.jpg

Attachments

• _DSC5515.jpg
    _DSC5515.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 297
Spoke with Tom over on White Lake 2 days ago. The last snow really pushed down the ice. Lots of overflow and slush. Plowed the cabin out in Lyonsdale and the ground is still soft under the 30" I moved today. I would be skeptical of Stillwater for a bit. -24 and -15 last 2 nights.. Skis on tomorrow. See you next week!

fab1975a44f3a897e12776b1720ff615.jpg

Sense when is glenn scared of a little snow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom the image is broken for me but my fuel filters jelled up before I could even get to the shop this morning. After getting a tow and getting them replaced the overcast had dropped to 300/1. Tomorrow should be sunny and 7°, so maybe a win/win

Barnard would be great. Maybe we can overnight at Twin Farms? 🤣

You’re in Barnard Dave?

Yup, Twin Farms starts at $900 / night so Glenn can treat us all.

Is that for a room in the main house, or one of authentic “lodges”? [emoji38] NY Glenn and Timmy might have to join forces.

There was a time I drove business cars for a Vermont car service. Hauled numerous soap opera writers from Manhattan up and back there, took the owners to the airports, and even dropped off Carly Simon and her friend Diane Sawyer.

The lodges truly are incredible, but not worth a nights stay, let alone the typical 3-4 day stay. Perhaps the 5-star chef was the closer.

Pb

Transmitted from my FlightPhone

Last edited:
I did a lot of work there during the original rebuild, a lot of the stone and tile is mine and Laura used to chef there. We all learned to ski there in the 70's when it was Sononburg Ski Area, local kids could ski for a buck a day off the old Poma lift. Can't step on the property now.
Silver Lake would be a cool place to stop in on Pete

We never got above -3 all day. Its a little nippy but Andy and I got to terrorize a few lakes, starting to get some good ice now.
Been a few years since I flew these straight skis. They are great performers, but suck around getting gas and getting it in the hangar.

IMG_2727.jpg

ji.jpg
Im tied up tomorrow, but could be talked into bringing some chow to the WAD for New Years Brunch if the rest of you are up to it. I suppose we should check with John:oops:

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_2727.jpg
    IMG_2727.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 1,130
  • ji.jpg
    ji.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 1,483
Any skating rinks or town issues with Landing there Dave? Permission? I see it’s a state park in summer.

Last edited:
No skating rink with this much snow. I wondered about town issues as I was run off the lake 25 years ago after blasting my Jet Ski around the lake one March day right after ice out. They made a 10 HP ordinance after that. Route 12 VAST snowmobile trail runs right over the lake so I can't imagine they'd have much problem with a Cub or two. Someone's got to find out.

We never got above -3 all day. Its a little nippy but Andy and I got to terrorize a few lakes, starting to get some good ice now.
Been a few years since I flew these straight skis. They are great performers, but suck around getting gas and getting it in the hangar.

View attachment 34321

View attachment 34322
Im tied up tomorrow, but could be talked into bringing some chow to the WAD for New Years Brunch if the rest of you are up to it. I suppose we should check with John:oops:

Jim

New Years lunch at the wad, I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Works for me Glenn. Can we can get everyone there for lunch? [emoji322]🤪
Or should we stick with the WAD brunch?

Dave can hand out a few VAST stickers so we’ll be legal.

On the way to Lake Desolation

Nice sunny day, got above zero, +1f

Even got island Bob out

Webcam shot, we had 4 fly in, Cruiser, Farmboy, Vt Glenn and me

Went over to Sport Island pub to check ice, I guess it's ok.

Great day with friends

Glenn

Laid a lot of really fun tracks in Vermont today, and had a overfilling lunch with the guys as shown above at Tinneys. VT Glenn’s phone is sure to be ringing soon. 🤠

8cd3f2876db244e52d21fc9c0334a58d.jpg

cb07a7c2e1033afeb3c258ac0fcdb50e.jpg

13d8a6d955ebe156e88a61a68c99903d.jpg

9f0006f92d565621b60a3c25a7ffdf37.jpg

347010902dcfc6d1a550c4a3c4911ff1.png

Sent from my imitation glass cockpit using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Andrew and I are fueled ready to go. Might have to let it warm a bit. Silver lake looks good, it's 160 miles for us, not too bad. Would be closer for NY chaps? I'm good with most anything. The wad is good because you can get inside. Looks like the old general store in Barnard has some stuff to eat. WAD or Silver lake let's make the call. Looks like -15 tonight in Barnard. We will try to be onsite at 11.

Which airports close have strait ski friendly gas pump?

Cold and windy combat flying today. Beats sitting inside watching football

jim

I'll meet you guys up there about 11, someone text me if things change. If you all end up at the WAD I'll do a fly by.
You should be able to get to the pump at Parlin Jim, although I haven't been there in a couple weeks.

You can land at the WAD and get jug non-ethanol mogas from the store. Parlin to the south has space to land and taxi close, but hose might not reach without jugs. And, as odd as it may sound... it wouldn't surprise me if Lebanon would let you land in a median, and let the fuel truck come fuel you up from a taxiway. Could be wrong, but could always ask. :) They let me land on the median grass in the summer...

Silver lake sounds good, I'm fueled and ready. Jim throw a fuel bag in back. Or stop at Twitches both ways?
About 140 miles for me

Glenn

Back