• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

North East winter Fun 17/18

The Red Cub makes for a nice photo platform.
Not enough snow for skis. _DSC5452.jpg

Attachments

• _DSC5452.jpg
    _DSC5452.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 316
I'm putting a Pacer together and wondering what you guys would recommend for Skis. I think the owner needs at least wheel penetration and too much money for HYD. Skis. Any thoughts would be helpful, thanks

Snow and freezing rain here last couple days. I cut firewood and then went for a sled ride, too sore to go flying. Awesome riding.

Glenn

Island Bobs is ski approved.

36c2f9f7332314e05f9f7039288080b6.jpg

Transmitted from my FlightPhone

Sunny and -10 below this morning. Makin ice today, colder next couple days. Would be nice to get a week of cold and no snow

Glenn

Had some time in the cold air today to lay some tracks.

Argyle
c885f662bf4ddf8058b2e0d491e7c128.jpg

Lincoln
8def53770c4bf32a74f90d0f6e43ea74.jpg

Mountain Bobs
32aa31eff06763ed4a3c862922d927ba.jpg

55ca4dcf082be182949d6acbd096f09b.jpg

Carrier Deck
d6ae487c4b9e1a7a408b408b65000f50.jpg

fc252bc66bcc6bceff5e14d84949f7b8.jpg

Southern Champlain
8951f6fa0c053d31645e2bf108695c5c.jpg

Transmitted from my FlightPhone

Had some time in the cold air today to lay some tracks.

Mountain Bobs
32aa31eff06763ed4a3c862922d927ba.jpg
I'm wondering what made that other set of tracks? They seem to have the same spacing as the airplane ski tracks yet it would have been a bit questionable to have been made by a Cub..

He has jeeps and a tractor, but no airplanes as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Peter, I’m glad you posted the pics of mountain Bobs with the snow on. I have often wondered what it look like in the winter. Rick Papp

Hey Rick, Bob is clearing that hill on the north end and a few other spots just so you Ohio fellows will feel right at home

Hi name is Adam from northern vt, I’m new to this site and was wondering if anyone has been into some of the Adirondack lakes with skis this year. Looking at flying into Stillwater and limekiln lake to do some trout fishing.

Adam, welcome to the site. I just got off the phone with the Norridgewock in Beaver River about the ice on the back pond. There are some tracks but no one knows how thick the ice is. Stillwater Inn webcam shows lots of tracks also. Best luck I've had is to try to find someone selling bait to the ice fisherman to get some info on the ice. It's been plenty cold up their but they got 2' of snow on the ice before it got real cold. I might make a run up tomorrow?
Raquette Lk just told me the ice is not safe yet

Glenn

Last edited:
I’d like to fly into Norridgewock this year and and stay a couple days. It’s a good central location to explore the area and wet some lines. This is my first year on skis and I’m pretty exited to play around with them. As of now the only off runway landings ive done were on the family farm on Tug Hill

Adam, 40M and I passed by Franklin State the other day after having a late breakfast in Enosburg Falls. Is the family farm in Tug Hill available for ski use?

I’m planning on testing some fields in the Champlain Valley before lunch at Desolation.

Pb

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Tug Hill is over near Watertown and there’s a couple fields flat enough to land on with one of them 1000ft. Up here at franklin co. We have a 2000ft grass runway that isn’t plowed in the winter and I heard some of the bays on Champlain and lakes have 10 inches of ice but haven’t been out to confirm it.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

Back