• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

North East winter Fun 17/18

That's the way weather goes in SLK. Nice everywhere else blizzard in SLK. My 3 year old daughter was at the ice castle as you guys arrived. Apparently she implessed the crowd by point out that there were some super Cubs.. I though every 3 year old can identify a super cub? Meanwhile I'm in LA and it's 80...

Looks like Thursday will be a real treat! 12+ through out the region. Any "Almost Bush " hooky players game.

Was there an STC, or 337 for those toboggans? If not, I'm calling the FAA! That was dangerous! ...and they had better have been wearing parachutes! [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel XL using SuperCub.Org mobile app

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by cubdriver2

Temporary installation, prefectly legal?

I should have used that argument?

or insanity:wink:

I found my toboggan from the late 60s/early 70s up in the garage. I'll put it on the restoration list so Scouter can tow me around Spud Strip on it.

That’s awesome Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

X-2! Yeah, Glenn, that’s awesome! Glad you liked it! Where in the world do you find this stuff? Very decent of you for sharing!

HT & V (professional chain jerkers) :wink:

Attachments

• toboggans.jpg
    toboggans.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 123
I found my toboggan from the late 60s/early 70s up in the garage. I'll put it on the restoration list so Scouter can tow me around Spud Strip on it.
SOOO can you and Andy make it to Alton Bay this weekend going through B10 on the way?

SOOO can you and Andy make it to Alton Bay this weekend going through B10 on the way?

I hadn't thought of that. I'll have to give Grommit a call. Anything, of course, is possible. One thing is certain--I'll be getting another type rating on the snowblower tonight.

Farmboy and 40m dropped in to inspect various projects. Farmboy took the high ground when parking and spanked it on takeoff.

Attachments

• P1000579.JPG
    P1000579.JPG
    487.1 KB · Views: 135
  • P1000582.JPG
    P1000582.JPG
    471.1 KB · Views: 135
Well, it took 3 tries to get all the right gear to the airport to actually fly, and although I didn't call Guilfoyle since he was going to say "what, nobody works anymore?", I did forget to see if Marky Mark and his Carbon Cub wanted to come out. Oh well.

Here's a few screen shots of me chasing Glenn's little hotrod around the valley. It was a good afternoon for shadow company.

At Skywalker's field -
fullsizeoutput_2531.jpeg

Overshooting Glenn - I'm sure his intercom heard "I'm going to drop the flaps and he'll fly right by" just before this. Pretty sure there is also a FedEx driver that uploaded a video of this from his van somewhere on the internet by now.

fullsizeoutput_252f.jpeg

Champlain Valley is really just a giant snowfield with scattered trees and houses.

fullsizeoutput_252e.jpeg

Down on the Lake.

fullsizeoutput_2532.jpeg

Just sliding it on...

fullsizeoutput_2530.jpeg

More lake work

IMG_0526.JPG

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2531.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2531.jpeg
    253.8 KB · Views: 161
  • fullsizeoutput_252f.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_252f.jpeg
    204.6 KB · Views: 168
  • fullsizeoutput_252e.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_252e.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 155
  • fullsizeoutput_2532.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2532.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 155
  • fullsizeoutput_2530.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2530.jpeg
    197.2 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0526.JPG
    IMG_0526.JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
We're hard at it as well. A bit concerned I got invited to "the old fart fliers" club for lunch. Glad they don't have a tee shirt

Keep bumping into an old friend from New England. This birthday boy is 85 next week. I have to go to work now, getting bugs on the wings

image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 166
Jim, I want to know what it would take to get that "old friend of yours from New England" up there for a snow day. Two would be good, but one might suffice. I'm pretty sure I've even seen an RV on skis....

If it’s to buy skis Dave, you’ll kick yourself for not doing it sooner. If it’s for camera equipment, that’s all from a single go pro hero 2, from 2011 I think. The worst part is that I’ve forgotten the password for the Wi-Fi bacpac and I can’t turn it on and off remotely.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Back