• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

North East winter Fun 17/18

Where’s the snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played yesterday in the Champlain Valley on 10-14 inches of powder. Last night and today we lost all but 2-3 inches, will be all gone after an inch of 50 degree rain tomorrow. January thaw sucks.

I walked into the shop to go over a couple things with Andy. Nobody home, not a soul at work. Where did he go. It is awfully nice afternoon since we left the ice age for a couple day.
Well, hes 125 miles north in the Allagash. took me a while to track him down. And hes got the head wrenchturner with him. Oh well, I should follow him

IMG_2777.JPG

IMG_2775.JPG
IMG_2774.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2777.JPG
    IMG_2777.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 782
  • IMG_2775.JPG
    IMG_2775.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 773
  • IMG_2774.JPG
    IMG_2774.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 788
Jim, you should have picked up John, he loves Eagle Lake

Glenn
I`m still showing bruises on my skinny legs--LOL---love that place---next time let`s strap this kayak on the floats---happy times---Capt CubOcklawaha river.jpg

Attachments

• Ocklawaha river.jpg
    Ocklawaha river.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 187
In about 1 week, Im going to pick him up, but there wont be any mucklucks involved. Shorts and flip flops, and we will toast each other handsome good looks in the warm sun. Still trying to decide if by smoker or carbon cub.

Jim

In about 1 week, Im going to pick him up, but there wont be any mucklucks involved. Shorts and flip flops, and we will toast each other handsome good looks in the warm sun. Still trying to decide if by smoker or carbon cub.

Jim

CC pick me up on your way by.

We all need Carbon Cubs and flights to Florida. Or better north to Canada or Minnesota with this current rain. 🤬
Best advice I have Mr. Symon is to buy that CC now. A week with Mr. Crane will do you good. Or at least get you in trouble. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Best advice I have Mr. Symon is to buy that CC now. A week with Mr. Crane will do you good. Or at least get you in trouble. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Well might be jumping the gun a little, he has proposed yet:wink:

Maybe you got to show more leg Glenn.

Although, if you fly down there in the sport cub, you might end up having to leave it with yellowbird and riding back with Jim anyways.
Sounds like a win-win already.
[emoji16]

Transmitted from my FlightPhone

Some days you’re the steam, and some days the steam rises without you.

One day of sun and four hours of rain has reduced winter to but a shimmering puddle.
51° and 8 more hours of rain to come.

a6d82cd308fb5d65438ad1ffa80a3bfe.heic

Maybe you got to show more leg Glenn.
Although, if you fly down there in the sport cub, you might end up having to leave it with yellowbird and riding back with Jim anyways.
Sounds like a win-win already.

If you match made a buyer for my cub I might be inclined to make a move. :lol:

One day of sun and four hours of rain has reduced winter to but a shimmering puddle.

Hurry up and put your Bushwheels on so it snows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries, back to below zero tomorrow and more snow to come.

Cool looking machine, never seen one of those before.
I can imagine an episode of (insert favorite cop show here) where one of these is fitted with steel plating and bulletproof glass,
and is used to rob a bank or something in the frozen north.
Or maybe an A-Team episode where they save a damsel in distress.

Rather pathetic views in the yard here in the Penobscot Valley. My backyard and field are largely a lake and my stream is overflowing. We went from a -27 day to 51 degrees in a very short period of time. The old-timers, of which my children now say I am a member of, called this the January thaw. And it is still raining hard.

Sent from my [device_name] using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Last edited:
Started out meeting at Jeff's

Then to Black Creek for chili

Then Beaver River

Peter got a buddy fighting for life and leaves wishes for him

Glenn

Last edited:
Glenn gets home faster than I do.

A few extra photos to add to the days events.

Stopped at North Creek first. Excellent untouched runway conditions.

8efcb3694ce66b99b36145202813905c.heic

7bdf2d91638279f8e36e1f11e3bd6b96.heic

The super sweet cabin Glenn showed photos of had a couple nice touches to be shown.
8d1008e7e925f0fa8df7b2555f505b3e.heic

83e12cd6a336ea28cbdeb0a1adc9d917.heic

43a63468958d2fda1e1e40fdc65cfc99.heic

The Beaver River Gang

a043053ce5d16e4f068d963f7bff4ec5.heic

f6b3bdaabee0423df0251b026d1f17b3.heic

T3’s apparently don’t need wheels now.

f689712f04fe403278503a7fa25934ab.heic

Laying tracks in the Adirondacks.

07e696a66e81edf08116668cdf74113f.heic

Homeward bound.

4ee4ccdf42ac1234d6b855b26b088c48.heic

Looks like you guys have some beauty snow. You cant believe the crap we have now. Its dried concrete after 2.5 in rain and now below zero. All the brooks and streams and swamps are at flood stage Its almost unlandable. My wife though I lost my mind when I came home trying to find a semi smooth patch to plunk down in the cornfield. Rock solid with patchy areas of crust to flip bushwheels, So you cant fly skis without tearing the gear off, and minefields for bushwheels. Looks like the snowgods take care of the just

Jim

Seems like the more fun I have the darker it is when I get home. Great day. Thanks everyone!

Back