• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Husky at a super cub party

Whoa. That guy took off the wrong way at Johnson creek :O. The guy on the deck is saying some words.....

9f880ddcc484262d6dca094b77b7ff91.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Wow, that’s like a Pod Party right there Bill!

Sent from my imitation glass cockpit using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Botched landing, almost botched last second go around.
There's a lot of runway there to be that close to that house. Bet there were some bricks **** that day. Wowza. My first real mountain experience was at Johnson creek. Tried to ready myself as much as possible before going but still Intimidating to say the least for a flatlander. By the second day I was feeling much more comfortable. Love that place. Wish I could spend more time out there.

Really? All the Husky owners/pilots in Alaska I know are non government types. About 7 or 8 off the top of my head. Not that Im a government type, but what is wrong with being associated with "government types"? School teachers, police, fire fighters, highway maintenance crews, military, what is wrong with these types?

I'm just poking fun at some 'old' government pilot types that frequent this site. I don't have anything too serious against
the Husky...The pitch trim and the 1400 screws that hold them together is about it.

I'm just poking fun at some 'old' government pilot types that frequent this site. I don't have anything too serious against
the Husky...The pitch trim and the 1400 screws that hold them together is about it.
Yeah I always wondered why they went with the bungee trim.

Don't forget those god forsaken flap hinges that have scalped many people. My head still hurts

Yeah and look at the flag, reaffirming what a capital dips**t this guy is. What was he thinking.

It wouldn't be the first time the windsock at either end at JC, especially getting towards mid day, was indicating two different directions, just saying. But, no matter, a proper approach would have left him plenty of room even if he had a slight tailwind, it's not like its that short, at 3400', or that high.

Saw one at OSH one year that they had split foam pool noodles to put over the meat hooks...

Some of the dealers deliver them with tennis balls or other “cushions” on those flap hangars. They’ve got me more than once.

of course, I’ve also walked into the trailing edge of more than one cub wing.....dang ball caps hide things.

MTV

Some of the dealers deliver them with tennis balls or other “cushions” on those flap hangars. They’ve got me more than once.

of course, I’ve also walked into the trailing edge of more than one cub wing.....dang ball caps hide things.

MTV

Squash balls are the perfect size.

Good stuff, well mostly :) The statute of limitations has probably run out, but I will keep folks nameless anyway. About fifteen years ago, a bunch of super cubs were on a grand adventure in Texas with a few "other" airplanes. A few of the super cubs got into some trouble here in there and replacement components were needed in some cases. The 123.45 chatter was ribbing the guy in the Husky about why he was at a super cub event, and he calmly replied, "Someone has to go get parts for you". The radio was quiet for a while...

sj

As they apparently say in Oz, if you want to go into the bush, take a Land Rover, if you want to come back take a Land Cruiser.

My ride is a Super Cub and hasn’t let me down, but like SJ’s anecdote.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

Or even semi-grumpy ladies... (they are probably thinking about the next annual and how many machine screws there are to deal with. We always assumed when Frank designed the Husky he made a faustian bargin with a machine screw salesman.)

d8dcca92fa744b02ca98a175.jpg

"(they are probably thinking about the next annual and how many machine screws there are to deal with. We always assumed when Frank designed the Husky he made a faustian bargin with a machine screw salesman.)"

When I started fooling around with Supercubs in a land far ago, and long long away, the crusty old I.A. we worked with, "Red" Blatchley muttered that both Walter Jamineau and Bill Piper must have had stock in the Parker-Kalon screw company. You'd start with #6's, move up to 8's, then 10's, and the next logical progression was 5/16" lag screws.... :lol:

Thanks. cubscout

Last edited:
Back