• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Cubcrafters Unveils New Carbon Cubs: EX-3 and FX-3

Can the wing strut fairings be added to older EXs?

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

Off the topic of the really nice looking new Super Cub, but Roger hand-made strut fairings for my plane when he built it. Sounded pretty straight forward when he explained the process to me - you could probably do it easy.

Oh wow, this is a sweet airplane! I posted my thoughts in a different thread "North East fun 2017"

Saturday I had the privilege of flying the FX-3. Mark Keneston from Cub Crafters hosted the event at the Saratoga Airport in Upstate NY. I was impressed with the performance of the airplane! It jumped off the ground and kept climbing at 50mph. When level in the pattern, while throttled back, it had no problem holding 110mph. The placement of the throttle and prop control are positioned just right, and felt very comfortable. On final with full flaps extended, it handled like all the other carbon cubs except it took little control input and felt vary balanced. The Carbon Cub FX-3 is a great airplane!

Got to fly the CC FX-3* Dec 2nd at 5B2 (Saratoga, NY) with Mark Keneston from CubCrafters. Very impressive performance. About 100 foot ground roll and pitch to 50deg climb to pattern alt. Nicely balanced and very responsive controls at slow speed. Liked the electric trim. Smooth breaking and ground maneuvering on 29" ABWs. A great airplane...

Got to fly the CC FX-3* Dec 2nd at 5B2 (Saratoga, NY) with Mark Keneston from CubCrafters. Very impressive performance. About 100 foot ground roll and pitch to 50deg climb to pattern alt. Nicely balanced and very responsive controls at slow speed. Liked the electric trim. Smooth breaking and ground maneuvering on 29" ABWs. A great airplane...

Welcome Cliff

Glenn

FX-3 Serial Number 2 Leaving The Nest Today In Yakima. IMG_5837.jpgIMG_5838.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5837.jpg
    IMG_5837.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_5838.jpg
    IMG_5838.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_5803.jpg
    IMG_5803.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 339
Steve - You just nailed what I'm building at CC currently. Bigger tail, SS wings for weight and flap travel.

AKT

So I heard you rolled it out the door and

"How much are we betting that mine leaves the factory on 35's under a 1000lbs??"

So did it?

Last I heard it did. Something like 980. Not sure the weight diff but I’d take the FX wings over the SS wings, even with the weight penalty. Nobody “underloads” their cub.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Last I heard it did. Something like 980. Not sure the weight diff but I’d take the FX wings over the SS wings, even with the weight penalty. Nobody “underloads” their cub.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

363EX that we flew Peter was about 1180#. Big husky c/s prop and cc363 had you thinking you were in a light sport.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Back