• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

One wing strut in set damaged during shipping - should I worry about the others?

DanP

Hudson, MA
Received a new set of Airframes Alaska sealed struts and when our mechanic pulled them out of the corrugated plastic tube that was used to ship them, one had a crease in it. It looks like something impacted it during shipping-- maybe a fork lift, another package, or something. The guy at Airframes said, basically, don't worry about it, they would file a claim with the shipping company and send a new strut, but to look over the other ones in the set very carefully and if any others were damaged to let them know. The mechanic said there are absolutely no dents or any visible damage to the other struts-- its just that one crease. I am not an engineer so I don't know, but if there is no deformation of the other struts, should those be ok?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 222
need better pictures of the others... kinda look distorted/damaged, but picture is too blurry to tell for sure...

get a string and pull it end to end stood off them to tell if they are bowed

Probably tape residue. If not bent or creased they should be ok. Univair advises us to look before the driver leaves. The drivers hate that. Also, Univairs come primed.

Looks exactly like what I had last Feb., the other three where fine. Just had to wait a month for the replacement to come in.

Back