• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Building a Javron Wing Kit

Bill Rusk

BENEFACTOR
Sandpoint, Idaho

Folks

I have ordered a wing kit from Javron and I will post a "Builders Manual" on here as I go. This will also be made into a hard copy "Builders Manual" that will be given out with Javron Wing Kits in the future.
I have ordered a round tip, very stock wing kit. My plan is to build a set of round tip wings and compare them to my current "Square Tip" wings to determine the performance differences, if any. Over the years we have all heard about the square tip wings and the performance difference but every time I have read or heard of this, and the "performance gains" the wing change out has been accompanied by a myriad of other changes done to the airframe at the same time thereby masking the true affect of the wing. My intent is to change only one variable, the wing itself, and try to document the performance changes as accurately as I can. I received the following information from Jay DeRosier at Javron regarding his wings........

Bill
Just thought you may be interested in these numbers. We have all four different wing configurations in the shop at the same time so it was a perfect time to compare weights between them.

All weights include fully assembled wing with flap, aileron, gas tank, tank lid, all internal pulleys and hardware. These figures do not include any covering, fuel tank plumbing, pitot or static plumbing, or lights and hardware. All of these wings were weighed exactly the same with the same parts installed.

Round Tip Wing with 18 gal tanks 91 Lbs.

Round Tip Wing with 24 gal tanks 96 Lbs.

Square Tip Wing with 18 gal tanks 99 Lbs.

Square Tip Wing with 24 gal tanks 104 Lbs.

Jay

Javron provides these wings in Kit form with everything predrilled and all parts included to include the flaps, ailerons, fuel tanks, tank covers and all pulleys internal to the wings. He does not include lights, pitot static parts, wires, cables, or fabric and paint. The kits run about 13.5K. A complete set of wings all built up runs about 18.5K

I currently have square tip wings with 18 gallon tanks on my Javron Cub. That build thread is here......

http://www.supercub.org/forum/showthread.php?40889-Building-a-Javron-Cub

As before, I will
try to weigh everything and post the results here so you may build comparative data if you choose to build up a set of wings using a different kit or materials. I stopped in to his shop and had an opportunity to see his new shop addition.

IMG_17661.jpg

This is the welding part of Javron. Currently about 8 fuselages under construction. The shop expansion will give room for more organization and also (hopefully) speed up construction, thus reducing the time delay between your order and actual delivery.

IMG_17641.jpg

A wing under construction at Javron

IMG_17711.jpg

The outside of the new building/addition. This will not quite double the size of the shop but it is a significant expansion. The building is 60 x 100.

IMG_1769.jpg

Inside of the addition. This will eventually have a dedicated area for parts and shipping. Again, Jay is trying to get better delivery times. This will also allow more room for "Builder Assist" which Jay says he is doing a lot of. You can come spend a week (or more depending on your pocket book) working on your kit in the shop. This is a HUGE jumpstart on building your kit and I can see it saving months and months of work.

So........I hope to get my wing kit before the end of the year and I will document the build here as best I can.

Hope this helps

Bill

Anyone know how the Javron round tip 18gal weight compares to a stock wing, same configuration? 15lbs heavier?

Bill,
What is the span dimension of the round vs square wing? Butt rib to tip?
Are the flaps the same length? Ailerons?

An 8 pound difference between round and square is indicative of considerably more material, as in more span.

Looking forward to your final evaluation.

Pete

I don't have the exact dimension but the square tip wing is almost exactly 1 foot longer than the round. A stock Piper wing has a 62" flap and a 102" aileron. Add 4 inches to the flap to extend it into the fuselage (to eliminate the wing root fairing), thus a stock flap is now 66"

With the square tip wing the aileron is moved outboard a total of 24". It is the same length, 102", just moved out to maintain roll authority. The flap then is enlarged to take up the remaining space, thus the flap on a square tip wing is 90". Part of the difference in weight is the square tip wing has 3 hinges for both the flap and aileron, and the 24 gallon tanks have three straps Vs 2 straps for the 18 gallon tanks. Plus the spars are longer. It all adds up pretty quick.

Jay has also built up wings with 102", and 110" flaps and made the aileron shorter. The 102" flap still seems to offer pretty good roll authority but I have heard that the 110" flap starts to affect the aileron effectiveness.

My current plan is a stock round tip setup. If I win the lottery I will add a set of Keller Flaps, but only after all testing is done to ensure valid apples to apples data.

Hope this helps

Bill

Bill, this is great that you are doing this! I have one request / suggestion. Weigh the wing completed with no covering, then with fabric with no dope or paint then all done. It would be interesting to see how much fabric weighs then see what fabric with paint weighs. Just a thought.

Kurt

Nobody builds parts as light as Piper did.

Glenn
This has always been my understanding as well, particularly concerning ribs, but I just saw an experimental cub today with carbon cub ribs and was told they're lighter than Piper ribs- anyone have data to refute/back this up?

Kurt

I will weigh EVERYTHING. But just to speed things up a little, here is the data from my current Cub (reposted from "Building a Javron Cub" thread)

In order - precover/covered/primer/sanded primer/final paint weight
Wings
Left - 73.85/79.4/85.25/84.2 (85.7/85.05 reprimer/resand)/88.15
Right - 73.2/78.85/83.8/83.5/86.8
So total covering and paint for the wings was 446.4oz/27.9pds (roughly 14 pds each)

L Flap - 76.06/86.8/xx/97.0/103.0
R Flap - 75.95/86.15/xx/96.15/102.5
R Aileron - 88.28/99.26/xx/109.25/115.4
L Aileron - 88.12/99.36/xx/107.6/113.68

xx = I forgot to weigh after primer only, next number is after sanding the primer

So total covering and paint on the flaps and ailerons was 106.17oz/6.63pds

Thus total paint for wings, flaps and ailerons is 17.3pds per wing.

Hope this helps

Bill

I was wondering why Javron didn't pay you to put together a builders manual on your last build.

Good deal all around.

Oh! and as for "Hope this helps". yes it does.

Folks

The wing kit is supposed to be delivered Feb 15. Charlie Becker from the EAA will be here to see it, and film it. I ordered a new computer to help with the builders manual, and also all the photos, and updates on this thread.

Bill

Folks

The wing kit arrived Feb 15 as planned.

IMG_1977.jpg

It comes all boxed and on a pallet. I took it off the pallet and managed to leave that with the shipper. One less thing to get rid of.

IMG_1980.jpg

All the boxes and two tubes for the spars. Big tube for wing spars, smaller tube has the flap and aileron spars.

IMG_1983.jpg

Everything is very well packaged and nothing was damaged. Very well done.

IMG_1984.jpg

Wing leading edges. Each one separated by paper so they don't get scratched up.

IMG_1985.jpg

One of the hardware packs. Each sub pack is labeled. Includes everything right down to the rivets.

IMG_19901.jpg

Pushrods with ends and required nuts and bolts assembled.

IMG_1992.jpg

Everything is precut and pre drilled. These are the flap/aileron spars (nestled together for shipping)

IMG_1989.jpg

The steel parts are zinc plated. Very nice welding!!

DSCN1989.jpg

Pretty much everything. A lot of stuff is still nestled so you are not seeing every single part but this will give you a pretty good idea of what a Javron wing kit looks like.

I had a suggestion to put a screw in the ends of the wingtip bows and to use a little safety wire to keep the bow in them so they don't relax too much while in storage. Pull it until the ends are about 60" apart. Very Important. Done. Thanks.

I am currently working on the annual condition inspection of my Javron Cub so it may be a few weeks until I am able to really dive into the new wings.

Hope this helps

Bill

Last edited:
Charlie

Thanks for asking. Unfortunately no. I've been pretty wrapped up trying to get my current cub ready for another summer in Alaska. Hope to get started in July.

Bst regards

Bill

Kurt

I will weigh EVERYTHING. But just to speed things up a little, here is the data from my current Cub (reposted from "Building a Javron Cub" thread)

In order - precover/covered/primer/sanded primer/final paint weight
Wings
Left - 73.85/79.4/85.25/84.2 (85.7/85.05 reprimer/resand)/88.15
Right - 73.2/78.85/83.8/83.5/86.8
So total covering and paint for the wings was 446.4oz/27.9pds (roughly 14 pds each)

L Flap - 76.06/86.8/xx/97.0/103.0
R Flap - 75.95/86.15/xx/96.15/102.5
R Aileron - 88.28/99.26/xx/109.25/115.4
L Aileron - 88.12/99.36/xx/107.6/113.68

xx = I forgot to weigh after primer only, next number is after sanding the primer

So total covering and paint on the flaps and ailerons was 106.17oz/6.63pds

Thus total paint for wings, flaps and ailerons is 17.3pds per wing.

Hope this helps

Bill

Needed basic cub wing weights to compare to for a set of sq? Wings I’m about to cover. Did I interpret bills numbers correctly?? Some in pounds some in ounces .......

In picture is what I come up with. My scale is old not sure how accurate it is and the wing was in my wing stand so probably 3 or 4lbs there that needs removing. But almost double the weight..... not counting leading edge slats and the flap leading edge slot pieces (so +4.5 lb for the flap pieces)

Anyone got links to other weight threads?

IMG_3155.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3155.JPG
    IMG_3155.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
Stuff I have weighed and notes I have taken:

Dakota Cub slots weigh 6.53 lbs each and you can subtract the weight of the nose ribs.

Dakota Cub wings weigh 5-6 lbs. per wing more than stock.
13 rib, DC ribs complete no cables. 68.4 lbs.
Legend Cub Wing 57 lbs.
Standard Super Cub wing w/Dakota Cub ribs 77.17 lbs.
DC Square wing 86 lbs.
DC Slotted Wing 92.5 lb.
Stock 1982 Super Cub left wing with factory covering, fuel tank, fuel tank cover, landing light, nav light, flap gap seal, wing root fairing attach bracket, fuel hose. 96.5 lbs
16 rib SC wing, Univair Ribs, 2K GW with carry-thru cable and strobe and nav light wires 72.9 lbs.
13 rib Wing weighs 64 lbs. set up for flaps. Uncovered. No wires or light.
same 13 rib wing weighs 72.7 lbs. covered in Polytone with minimum silver etc.
Dakota Cub slotted wings with flaps, ailerons, tanks and covers 124 lbs. ea.
Keller’s fowler flaps add 8 lbs.
Maule wing 160 lbs. Ea.
Dakota Cub J3 wing with 12 gallon fuel tank installed no lid, cables and nav light wire 77.9 lbs.
Dakota Cub J3 wing, cables and nav light wire 66.5 lbs.
68.4 lbs. 13 rib, DC ribs complete no cables.
Super Cub Flaps
Metal late model 4.8 lbs.
Covered thru Polybrush 4.20 lbs.
Old dope w/duct tape 4.5 lbs.
DC extended inbrd. thru Polybrush 4.70 lbs.
Aileron Cub Crafters cover and paint 7.2 lbs.
Metal aileron 8.5 lbs.
18 gallon Piper fuel tank 8.5 lbs.
18 gallon DC fuel tank 9.9 lb.
24 gallon DC fuel tank 12.4 lb.
11 gallon DC fuel tank 7.15 lbs.
24 gallon DC fuel tank lid 4.6 lbs.
Piper tank lid 3.3 lbs stripped
3.5 lbs factory paint
Carbon Concepts tank lid 1.8 lbs.

Mike - something seems wonky. Should be 8 to 15 pounds more. Yes, wing weights are in pounds, everything else in Oz.

Steve - awesome. Thank you for posting that!!

I think I remember Javron saying his Sq tip wing was about 4.5 pounds heavier than a round tip one, per panel.

Bill

Mike - something seems wonky. Should be 8 to 15 pounds more. Yes, wing weights are in pounds, everything else in Oz.

Steve - awesome. Thank you for posting that!!

I think I remember Javron saying his Sq tip wing was about 4.5 pounds heavier than a round tip one, per panel.

Bill

These are the heaviest cub wings I’ve ever lifted. Lots of bracing for the flaps and ailerons. No idea how good my scale is.. but these things are comparable to Cessna weight.

Also, no tank covers included in the weight

But if they work better then oh well....

IMG_3151.JPGIMG_2777.JPGIMG_2776.JPGIMG_2779.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_3151.JPG
    IMG_3151.JPG
    410.5 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_2777.JPG
    IMG_2777.JPG
    293.9 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_2776.JPG
    IMG_2776.JPG
    313.6 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_2779.JPG
    IMG_2779.JPG
    297.3 KB · Views: 355
Needed basic cub wing weights to compare to for a set of sq? Wings I’m about to cover. Did I interpret bills numbers correctly?? Some in pounds some in ounces .......

In picture is what I come up with. My scale is old not sure how accurate it is and the wing was in my wing stand so probably 3 or 4lbs there that needs removing. But almost double the weight..... not counting leading edge slats and the flap leading edge slot pieces (so +4.5 lb for the flap pieces)

Anyone got links to other weight threads?

View attachment 42864

Is the length of backcountry wings longer than the javron squared wings?

Folks

Time to get started. We are going to start with a little warm up.

Building the ribs
First we are going to assemble and rivet the wing ribs together.

Tools needed.
Clecos (you will need around 16 to 20). It goes faster if you cleco all 4 joints together, then rivet
Cleco pliers (I recommend the ones with rubber grips. Much more comfortable)
Rivet squeezer with a #4 die set.
#30 drill bit(s)
Drill
A couple of spring clamps

All the rib pieces are numbered. So the #1 nose rib, goes to the #1 main body to the #1 tail rib. The packages of doublers are also labeled.

IMG_3100.jpg
If all the holes do not line up perfectly you have got something wrong. Trust me. This stuff all dovetails together and lines up.

Before we get started we need to modify the #1 Main body ribs (two of them, remember we are building two wings)

IMG_4284.jpg
We are looking at this area

IMG_4285.jpg
The notch is right here where the arrow is. Trailing edge of main body of #1 rib, top of opening in front of the rear spar.

IMG_4288.jpg
We are going to cut out a notch where the black marker is. Right to the edge of the hole. See above photo for what it will look like.
You can do it after the rib is assembled on the wing, but it is much easier to do it now.
This is only done on the #1 main body rib. This gives room for the tube that goes through the tank.

IMG_3101.jpg
Cleco a complete rib together and spring clamp it to the edge of the table. Each joint has a doubler with a bend that goes under the lip (inside) on the rib, and a flat doubler that goes on the outside of the rib.

IMG_4291.jpg
Picture of the flat doubler on outside of rib. Rivet heads all go on the outside of the rib.

IMG_3103.jpg
Rivet away. You may have to run the drill through the holes to clean them up to get the rivet in.
Javron supplies the rivets. The large bag with the most rivets in it is the one for the ribs, but here are a few general rivet rules...
Rivet rules
1) Rivet diameter should be 3X the thickest sheet (you will be using all #4 rivets for this part)
2) Rivet length should extend out 1.5 x the diameter of the rivet
3) After the squeeze the bulb should be 1.5x the diameter and .5x the diameter high. It is not rocket science. Adjust the squeezer to get the proper size.

IMG_4292.jpg
You could get a little set of rivet gauges like these. You will quickly develop an eye for a properly squeezed rivet. You do need to pay attention that the squeezer does not work out of adjustment. Mine tends to rotate a little each squeeze so I have to keep an eye on it and re-adjust it every few rivets.

IMG_4293.jpg
The outside doubler on rib#16 (the small one next to the tip bow) is not flat. It has a lip and so it goes on like the photos above. You will also need to increase the opening for the rear spar with a hand file. It needs to slide on to where the predrilled holes are in the spar.

IMG_4294.jpg
Inside doubler on rib 16 is like all the others.

IMG_4299.jpg
You will have 4 tank bay ribs (2 per wing) if you are doing a 18 gallon tank wing or 6 tank bay (3 per wing) ribs for the 24 gallon tank wing. They look like this.

So basically it is a case of cleco, drill, rivet, rinse repeat. 32 times. Not hard. Pretty repetitive.

You have now assembled all your ribs.

Congratulations. That was not so bad.

Folks - Before you build the wings, you need to build the flaps and ailerons. You will use them to adjust the flap and aileron hangers. This thread is a little out of sequence. Sorry bout that. So scroll down until you get to that section. Build the flaps and ailerons, then come back here and build the wings.

Attachments

• IMG_4294.jpg
    IMG_4294.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 5,901
  • IMG_4293.jpg
    IMG_4293.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 5,920
  • IMG_3101.jpg
    IMG_3101.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 5,842
  • IMG_4291.jpg
    IMG_4291.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 5,910
  • IMG_3100.jpg
    IMG_3100.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 6,124
  • IMG_3103.jpg
    IMG_3103.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 5,828
  • IMG_4292.jpg
    IMG_4292.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 5,810
  • IMG_4299.jpg
    IMG_4299.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 5,699
  • IMG_4288.jpg
    IMG_4288.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 6,085
  • IMG_4284.jpg
    IMG_4284.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 6,216
  • IMG_4285.jpg
    IMG_4285.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 5,862
Last edited:
Now that we have our ribs assembled, lets build a wing. We will be working from the root to the tip.

Put your spars on a couple of saw horses or a large table. If you use a table you will need to block the spars up a little so there is some room under the spars for the ribs. The front side of the front spar is pre drilled and the backside of the aft spar is predrilled.

IMG_4282.jpg
The ribs go in order with #1 being the root rib. Note that all the ribs have the outside facing the tip except the #1 rib. The inside of the #1 rib faces the tip. You can see that in this photo.
Do not screw the ribs on. We will do that later. See post #37

IMG_4289.jpg
You can see the blocks holding the spar off the table. You will need a little more than a 2x4. We are not adjusting for washout at this point so just block all 4 points at the same height. Again this photo shows the way the ribs face.

IMG_4313.jpg
This is the #16 rib. Remember that we had to open up the rear spar opening so it would slide on the spar.

IMG_4297.jpg
Next we are going to put on the wing attach fittings. Before you put the bolts in the spar get bushing pack "80022-31 Bushing". The outside hole in the front spar and the outer 2 holes of the aft spar will get a bushing in them. You should be able to insert the bushing with a light press fit. Put a light coating of grease on the bushing first. You can use a light tap from a plastic mallet if it helps. The bushing should not be so loose as to fall out without any pressure. The fittings and the spar are all reamed prior to shipping the kit so it should fit. After inserting the bushings then slip the bolts through the fittings /spar. The bolts must go in this way to keep from interfering with the fuel tank. Also the #1 rib has to be in the right place because it will get captured by the bolts and nuts. It needs to be between the 2nd and 3rd bolts as shown here. Torque to 160" pounds.
If the bushing will not fit you can bolt the fittings on and then ream with a .3755 reamer. This is a somewhat unusual size (verses a standard 3/8ths which is .375) I'm trying to avoid having you buy a reamer you will only use a couple of times. By inserting the bushing before bolting the fittings to the spar we allow the bushing to be the driving alignment factor Vs the bolts in the spar.

IMG_4295.jpg
You will be using these hardware kits.

IMG_4296.jpg
And this kit.

IMG_4298.jpg
Rear spar attach doubler. Torque these to nuts to 160" pounds. The two outside holes (closest to the fuselage) will have the bushings in them.

Attachments

• IMG_4282.jpg
    IMG_4282.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 5,908
  • IMG_4289.jpg
    IMG_4289.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 5,770
  • IMG_4313.jpg
    IMG_4313.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 5,751
  • IMG_4297.jpg
    IMG_4297.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 5,731
  • IMG_4295.jpg
    IMG_4295.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 5,665
  • IMG_4296.jpg
    IMG_4296.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 5,769
  • IMG_4298.jpg
    IMG_4298.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 5,615
Last edited:
Next we will attach the flap bellcrank to the rear spar.

IMG_4302.jpg
You will be looking for the packets that refer to the Flap Bellcrank. Most of this will be pretty easy to figure out but it is time to talk about screws. You will find a packet of small sheet metal type screws. It will have 2 different types of screws in it. Some will be stainless and have a pretty sharp point on them. These are Type A screws. The others (about the same size) will have a blunt tip and will be cad plated steel. You can usually tell stainless because it will be weakly attracted to a magnet where a cad plated steel screw will be much more strongly attracted to a magnet. The blunt tip screws are type B screws. The sharp point (Type A) screws are used for sheet metal to sheet metal. We use a #45 drill for these. The Blunt type screws (Type B) are used to go into thicker aluminum.... like into the wing spar. We use a #40 drill for these.

IMG_4316.jpg

IMG_4303.jpg
Picture of what we are doing. The top bolt holes are pre drilled in the spar. The bottom holes for the Type B screws you will need to drill.....#40 remember?

IMG_4317.jpg
The narrow arm of the bell crank goes towards the wing root. It is pretty close to symmetrical so pay attention here.

IMG_4304.jpg
Back side. The bracket is pre drilled so you can use that as a guide for the bottom screw holes.

IMG_4306.jpg
You will want to get this configuration correct, with the right number of washers in the right place. Don't bend the cotter pins yet. We are just positioning everything.
So.....you have now.....

1) Riveted the ribs together
1a) Notched #1 ribs
1b) Opened up the rear spar opening in rib #16
2) Placed the ribs on the spars
3) Bushed the wing /fuselage attach fittings
4) Bolted the attach fittings to the spars
5) Bolted the flap bellcrank to the rear spar

Attachments

• IMG_4302.jpg
    IMG_4302.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 5,561
  • IMG_4316.jpg
    IMG_4316.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 5,384
  • IMG_4303.jpg
    IMG_4303.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 5,424
  • IMG_4317.jpg
    IMG_4317.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 5,458
  • IMG_4304.jpg
    IMG_4304.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 5,419
  • IMG_4306.jpg
    IMG_4306.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 5,331
Last edited:
Jury Strut Attach Fittings

Next we will attach the jury strut attach fittings.

IMG_4308.jpg
They go here. The spar is pre drilled

IMG_4318.jpg
You need these packets

IMG_4312.jpg
It goes on the back side of the front spar

IMG_4319.jpg
This one goes on the front side of the rear spar

IMG_4310.jpg
Back side of the one on the front spar

So.....you now have the jury strut attach fittings installed.

Hope all this helps

Bill

Attachments

• IMG_4308.jpg
    IMG_4308.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 5,517
  • IMG_4318.jpg
    IMG_4318.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 5,519
  • IMG_4312.jpg
    IMG_4312.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 5,321
  • IMG_4319.jpg
    IMG_4319.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 5,396
  • IMG_4310.jpg
    IMG_4310.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 5,581
Last edited:
Very informative. I just put new spars and some ribs in a Dakota wing. I found that Snap-On screwdrivers are a must, and that for rib to spar type B screws best to run a #4 in each hole with small visegrips before assembly.

What would be neat is a tool to make pre-threading possible with rib in place - those ribs where I forgot to pre-thread were bearish. My hand still hurts.

Oh, and last time I put new spars in a wing, I had this neat electric screwdriver - seemed to make things easier. They apparently don't make the skinny kind any more, so batteries are non existent.

nice to see the wing attach fittings/doubler/trippler? are not the original aluminum spar piper style extrusions, but SOLID... thats the weak link in a piper wing(falls off...), inspect original piper extrusions WELL at attach attach bushing for cracks... especially after wing strike or upside down airplane... and at annual....

Very informative. I just put new spars and some ribs in a Dakota wing. I found that Snap-On screwdrivers are a must, and that for rib to spar type B screws best to run a #4 in each hole with small visegrips before assembly.

What would be neat is a tool to make pre-threading possible with rib in place - those ribs where I forgot to pre-thread were bearish. My hand still hurts.

Oh, and last time I put new spars in a wing, I had this neat electric screwdriver - seemed to make things easier. They apparently don't make the skinny kind any more, so batteries are non existent.
Our batteries plus store here will put new batteries packs in old tools. I’ve got small Mikita I had done because it’s so useful due to its small size. You might try to see if you can find similar. Plus one on the snap on screwdrivers and picks.

Back