• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

What about this one?

I am proud of this airplane. It was put to use nearly every day off this past season targetting mostly Rainbow trout in the worlds best Rainbow trout fishery. this was ON WHEELS!!! so I got to water much unfished by the world class fishing lodges in the area, one of which I fly floatplanes for.

sorry for the gushing reply. did I say I am proud of this 1953 Cessna 180?

1508 lbs on 8.00x6 and stock tailwheel. weighed in April 2016 on rollout from refurb.

1558 lbs with 31" Dessers and tubes and ABW Wide tailfork and rib tire.

A-model engine and 90" prop. firewall mounted SBSJ-16 battery

stock gear legs

6-pack panel with Com and Txp. EDM900 all-in-one engine gauge display

Sportsman Leading edge cuff.

WingX beefup, but extensions not installed at this time

Cessna jump seats

no headliner or carpet

original door interior panels and boot cowl panels. Kydex rear seat panels.

Attachments

• IMG_1075.jpg
    IMG_1075.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Eddie. I'm fairly sure my friend already did a pre purchase inspection on that 180. PM me if you want his contact info. Brett

I think my 180 was mid 1600's with Gar-Aero 26" and wide tailwheel, BAS rear seats, one com.

Kirby is right- know your mission. Are you going to take that plane to visit me every summer, or just jump around picking Uncle Eaton up every time he gets into trouble with a local farmer?

If you are going to travel long distances, having all the radios and IFR stuff down there makes travel much easier. Autopilot? that would be nice if going long distances.

79 (big dorsel, seaplane kit, 88 gal, 24v, late model Cessna cuff, heavy gear,...) IO520, 88” 3 blade Mac, full interior (low back front seats (articulating pilots side) and a removable rear bench seat), extended baggage, 8.50’s, stock tailwheel, full avionics w/ Aspen and touch screen WAAS GPS/radio plus second radio/VOR all driving the autopilot, elec. backup attitude indicator (no vac. system) and a Strikefinder (it looks cool when it comes on).

Not a member of the cheer squad but this girl will keep you warm in the winter and comes to the party ready to dance at 1946# EW, just be careful how fast you swing her backsides around or you’ll be in for a ride.

Last edited:
Skywagons.com doesn't broker, they buy and re-sell.
I checked the registration, it shows they own it ("sale reported"0)b
but doesn't show the purchase date.
Talked to Bill Duncan today about it.. He looked at it before Skywagons bought it. He said, to paraphrase, “it was a real POS!” It was advertised at $120K. After inspection, the seller reduced it to $50K. Bill declined.

He bought Jim Richmond’s 180 and is selling his Maule.

I bought a Supercub from Mark at sky wagons.com two years and found them good to work with. The Supercub was owned by a woman and skywagons was the broker

Back