• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Float gas cans

Alaska Bush Wheels makes a really good collapsible fuel bag. A little pricey but high quality. Holds a little over 5 gal and when empty collapses flat.

Alaska Bush Wheels makes a really good collapsible fuel bag. A little pricey but high quality. Holds a little over 5 gal and when empty collapses flat.
Holds 6.1gal and looks like a pregnant dolphin if left in the sun.

google "marine fuel bladders", lots of better solutions with those. Consider a small transfer pump and never lift a fuel can up onto a wing again! Sure the bladders are expensive, but they are a great thing to throw some money at. IF I had a float plane I'd have bladders in both floats, sized appropriately, and would leave them there, filling them with 5 gallon cheap jugs. They also collapse when empty.

Bushwheel bags rock!!! I had camp, buddy, meat, and enough room to put my jacket because the bushwheel fuel went in the wing and bag was flat. 6 empty bags will fill the space of 1 5 gal can. You can lay them on the wing and not splash fuel over plane and you arm when fueling. Not as good as sex with my wife!! But, I do smile as I fill the wing.
DENNY

The BW bags are great if your carrying them empty, not so great full. Times change, I used to haul six 6.2 gal cans that held 7 gals up to the top wing of a Stearman a couple times a week. Used to haul the same cans out to the float plane on a 200' boardwalk thru a swamp. As my arms got longer or my legs shorter I started using 5 gal cans. 21,000 gals later I now use 2.5 gals ones. I will bring the BW bags to the Wad this week but only to go to the local gas station so I have extra gas at my tiedown, two 2.5 cans in the baggage while flying. Cliffy, see what fits in your floats

Glenn

IMG_2279.jpg

IMG_3751.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2279.jpg
    IMG_2279.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_3751.jpg
    IMG_3751.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 224
8 gallons of mogas, all I ever burn.

Attachments

• IMG_20170826_132843728_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20170826_132843728_HDR~2.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 192
Also get the fill spout. The old style had issues with the valve sticking, new style has metal ball valve solving the issue.
DENNY

Year or so ago we had a group buy....Can we put together another group buy on AK Airframes fuel bags?....if so sign me up for two more...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use the small wedco jerry cans you can get at Walmart they fit onto the hatches on my EDO 2000s and are easy to lift and pour with.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

Back