• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

How do I install lifting my Atlee Dodge lifting eyes on my cub?

leedewilde

How do I install my Atlee Dodge lifting eyes on my cub?
Stacking a bunch of washers under a longer bolt to clear the spar flange seems like it would put unwanted bending moment on the bolt.
BTW I'm a new member and this is the only place I can find to post on the website.

A piece of aluminum similar to what is backing your spar and strut fittings works well. Might want to cut it so that it goes from the top capstrip to the bottom one to reduce twisting.

Those lifting eyes go one bolt outboard of the spar to fuselage attach bolt. I do not recall any need for any shims for spar web clearance on my airplane.

DSC03488.JPG

Attachments

• DSC03488.JPG
    DSC03488.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 508
A picture is worth a thousand words.

I'm not saying I installed them corretly though.

DSC03481.JPG

Attachments

• DSC03481.JPG
    DSC03481.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 449
How do I install my Atlee Dodge lifting eyes on my cub?
Stacking a bunch of washers under a longer bolt to clear the spar flange seems like it would put unwanted bending moment on the bolt.
BTW I'm a new member and this is the only place I can find to post on the website.

you probably have it upside down...

The drawing from atlee depicts installing them on the forward side of the spar ! It works But ! When you lift the cub the mains come off the ground first ����if you install them aft of the spar the tail will come off first imho = mo beta ������ no need for longer bolts or stacking washers ! Check it out for yourself ����

Back