• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Hangar Forums - Aircraft Specific Information

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
Folks, our members fly and maintain a wide variety of aircraft, and we have a lot of information about "other" planes in these forums. It was high time to recognize and formalize this phenomenon so that we can better organize the tremendous amount of information you have shared over the years.

It is my plan to begin moving threads from other areas into the type specific areas. In that vein, I could certainly use the help of a moderator or two willing to move things around as they come across them.

Your suggestions and questions are highly anticipated and appreciated!

Thanks!

sj

P.S. I tried to capture as many of the appropriate types I could think of - ones where there would be enough information that it was worth categorizing. Let me know what I missed!

P.S. I tried to capture as many of the appropriate types I could think of - ones where there would be enough information that it was worth categorizing. Let me know what I missed!

Glenn will handle "Rant and Rave"

I don't understand the PA18 section and Experimental PA18. Don't we already have those in the forum? I am getting confused now.

I don't understand the PA18 section and Experimental PA18. Don't we already have those in the forum? I am getting confused now.

As I said, things will need to moved around, this is just the start.

sj

Yes, likely with sub forums for some things. We obviously have tons of info on the PA18, so it will need deeper stratification.

sj

Why would you move all the information from a PA18 website to a sub forum? I am not following I guess.

sj,
Keep in mind that a large percentage of us are not as computer savvy as you are. We can easily become confused with too many key punches to find something.

sj,
Keep in mind that a large percentage of us are not as computer savvy as you are. We can easily become confused with too many key punches to find something.

It should be way less! The idea is, if you only want to read about skywagon stuff, you click the skywagon area. It really adds no additional complexity whatsoever, just adds categorization. Some people are going to post everything in Cafe Supercub like they do now, and some people will choose an appropriate category.

Think of it as adding a few file folders that you did not have in the drawer before. Nothing else.

sj

Thanks sj, Some of us (like me) don't even know where we are filing or posting something. Thus thread drift happens, not intentionally mind you. Primarily due to ignorance (easily confused with computers) of the process.

OK, I understand now, I am dense sometimes, All Things Electrical, Tips and Tricks, Modifications etc will be sub forums under PA18 Super Cub. Got it. Good plan. Will help organize, combine and move things to the appropriate forum. :up

Actually, all things electrical might stay a general category, since it often applies to all aircraft types.

sj

might be nice to have "sticky note" on the home page for a while so folks will hit the sub forums from one click rather thann arriving there by search or luck.

Folks, I am reading and I do appreciate the constructive comments! I'm not sure how it is "bloat", as we already have all this information in an categorized fashion.

sj

Back