• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Looking for rides in Alaska

arnold bronson

Albuquerque, NM
My brother and I are taking a cruise to Alaska Aug19-Aug 26. Will have free time in the following

Ketchican 8/21 0700-1500
Juneau 8/22 0700-1330
Skagway 8/23 0700-1730
Victoria 8/25 1430-1130

Would like to hook up with one or two pilots for a ride. I'm fly a Rans S7, my brother is a boat person but has really enjoyed flying with me. Would be happy to reciprocate if you're in New Mexico anytime.

Arne (Magnet)

Sorry, I have the 24th and 26th off, but will be in either Sitka or Haines those days. If you miss the boat and are still in Skagway I could hop over, but won't get to Haines until 7:30 the 23rd.

I hope you find someone to give you a ride, but...
if you decide to buy a ride, I strongly recommend Wings Airways in Juneau. They take you to the Taku River Lodge in a Turbine Otter on floats. Very cool ride to a remote lodge, on a river. Raise your hand quick, when they ask for volunteers to ride in the cockpit!

We have booked the ride twice, on two different Alaskan cruises, and will do it again.

Does anyone have a contact that would give a ride out of Barrow Alaska? I have an experimental cubbish machine but would love a ride in the wilds with an experienced bush pilot. I will be there in a month or so on a supply ship - We are currently heading west in the Canadian Arctic.

Travis

I hope you find someone to give you a ride, but...
if you decide to buy a ride, I strongly recommend Wings Airways in Juneau. They take you to the Taku River Lodge in a Turbine Otter on floats. Very cool ride to a remote lodge, on a river. Raise your hand quick, when they ask for volunteers to ride in the cockpit!

We have booked the ride twice, on two different Alaskan cruises, and will do it again.

I did contact them but they are sold out. They did however advise me to go through the cruise ship lines as they may have some openings that they pre-book .

Back