• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Will o-320 exhaust fit on o-290d?

It will fit but performance may not be the same because the volume and flow rates are different between the two engines so you may not get the known benefits of the 320 on the 290. Tim

It will fit but performance may not be the same because the volume and flow rates are different between the two engines so you may not get the known benefits of the 320 on the 290. Tim

What's interesting is that when I researched putting my 0290 exhaust onto my 0320 conversion, I went to the new market & found that the standard exhaust systems sold were listed as fitting both the 0290 and 0320, so I don't believe there's really any difference. For the time I had my cub with the 0320 (sadly, wrecked it this last spring), performance was (so far as I could tell) not an issue. I had been ready to put the hod rod muffler on it (didn't get that done before losing the airplane), which according to anyone I talked with about it, would enhance performance (as well as get rid of the AD on the standard muffler).

What's interesting is that when I researched putting my 0290 exhaust onto my 0320 conversion, I went to the new market & found that the standard exhaust systems sold were listed as fitting both the 0290 and 0320, so I don't believe there's really any difference. For the time I had my cub with the 0320 (sadly, wrecked it this last spring), performance was (so far as I could tell) not an issue. I had been ready to put the hod rod muffler on it (didn't get that done before losing the airplane), which according to anyone I talked with about it, would enhance performance (as well as get rid of the AD on the standard muffler).

Thanks for the info. My dad and I are rebuilding our super cub on straight floats. It gets off the water at 4000' on a hot day and fully loaded but we just want the extra 3-5 hp while also keeping our 290 for the range and cheap gas costs. We are also getting an electronic mag for the better performance at altitude. Ideally power flow would make a cub version of their exhaust. If not we probably will go to hot rod exhaust. Hours is on it's last legs anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Final suggestion...you might want to PM Steve Pierce with your question, he's the guy that will know the universe of possibilities for what you're wanting to do.

Back