• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Fishing the Kenai

jrussl

BENEFACTOR
Madison, WI
Heading up to Anchorage tomorrow for an extended week of fishing in the Kenai area. Planning to fish for some reds, halibut, and some rainbows. Going up with a good buddy and his 19 year old son and are staying with some friends in Soldotna.

Unfortunately am flying commercially as I don't have the time to fly the SuperCub there and back. Looks like aviation will have to wait until a future trip.

If anyone is in the area and would like to get together for a beverage or two please pm me. We obviously will be passing through Anchorage on either end of the trip.

I hope the reds are running strong.

Jeff

A few days ago they caught over one million reds in Bristol Bay. Good luck

One day I hope to get over to Bristol Bay.

I have been been fishing with my friend and his son for a bunch of years now. Really looking forward to this trip.

Here is a picture from 2008 in the Boundary Waters Canoe Wilderness area.

IMG_0043.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    208.5 KB · Views: 210
From my last trip in 2004.

A successful day on Cook Inlet.

IMG_0044.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    266.1 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
I'm in Soldotna right now. Staying in a cabin not far from the airport. Will be here until Tuesday, then headed to Palmer to take my wife to Anchorage for her flight out. Reds on the Russian are ok, so I hear. Right now all the locals say there are very few fish in the Kenai, no one fishing the shore, just a few boats, and no bears. Everyone is expecting this next week to be better.

Sorry I missed you Fly. We had a great trip even with the Reds being kinda slow as you noted.

Here's a picture of my friend and his son with his 47 lb King.

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

We also had a good day for Halibut on Cook Inlet.

DSC00903.jpg

I can't wait to get back up there, next time with my SuperCub!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    830.8 KB · Views: 985
  • DSC00903.jpg
    DSC00903.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 998
We also had a great hike up to the Crescent lake cabin that included some fun Grayling fishing.

DSC00947.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00947.jpg
    DSC00947.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 921
  • IMG_0382.jpg
    IMG_0382.jpg
    851.8 KB · Views: 1,014
Last edited:
All Alaska Outdoors Lodge. www.Allalaska.com

Anyone familiar with this outfit? Wife and I thinking about joining another couple in late August 2020 for a week of fly fishing and sightseeing.

Andrew

Back