• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Turkey versus Cherokee

Richgj3

BENEFACTOR
LI,NY
No real winner here. The Cherokee will fly again. The turkey, not so much. This happened on roll out after an ILS. The plane was going maybe 50 MPH. When my friend told his wife what happened she asked: "Why didn't you swerve?"

6fe7f31a24c7bfc8ebb8ee8c75896d6a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Well that stinks. My Grandmother once swerved around a turkey. Wrecked a Chrysler Imperial and got a concussion.

Ouch, looked like a nice Cherokee. Turkeys have been real active around here lately. Fixed a C182 that hit two geese once. Took out part of the leading edge of one wing and the horizontal stab. Blood and guts across the top and poop across the bottom.

This is a very nice Dakota. I think six skins involved in total. They were able to get a sub assembly from Piper with ribs already attached. The skin on the bottom is one piece all the way to the tank.

We seem to have the deer under control here as they allow hunting on the airport by special permit. It is New York after all and the airport is in the middle of a residential area. It wasn't always that way, but now we are surrounded by houses. The turkeys were never a problem around here but a few years ago some numbskull decided they would be "re-introduced". Of course hunting them is not allowed in most places because of the density of housing so the flock is culled by cars and airplanes.

Rich.

Facebook was just discussing the upcoming "Great Alaskan Chicken Drop of 2019"... Or the making of egg drop soup perhaps.

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 10.41.41 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 10.41.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 10.41.41 AM.png
    244.8 KB · Views: 202
Must be something about geese and Skylanes. I replaced a windshield on a pipeline plane that had a goose pile itself up way back in the tail. The pilot got very lucky that day but hypothermia was starting to set in by the time he got to us.

Back