• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Need Rubber strut seal for Cessna 185

.....Not sure on price but have you considered speed fairings instead of the rubber from McFarlane

I have an extra set of upper and lower strut fairings off a C180.
They need a little attention due to minor cracks, but are serviceable and could easily be made to look very nice.
I haven't thought much about selling them so don't know what I want for them, but it would be reasonable.
PM me with your email if interested and I'll send you photos.
I've never heard before this that the 180 & 185 struts are different dimensions,
but I can measure them.

To take it to an extreme, I've seen people post about "which plane should I buy".
Invariably, someone posts "why not build a (bearhawk, supercub, S7, whatever)?"
Personally the skills to build an airplane might be available, but the time to do so is not-
so I'd rather buy. Ditto for manufacturing parts, usually.
FWIW I seem to recall someone in the C180/185 Club having some strut seals for sale?
Alternatively, Skywagon City or a less-type-specific salvage outfit might be a good place to look.
Or hit it with some Dap and hide the evidence with a fairing.

I finally received the several types of gasket material extrusions in the mail. None of them would work to any degree.
Decided to go with a set of split fairings. Does anyone have any experience and or suggestions on where to buy from and installation tips?

Thanks,
Tom

I kinda remember this, too, but recall that it was gear leg seals...

To take it to an extreme, I've seen people post about "which plane should I buy".
Invariably, someone posts "why not build a (bearhawk, supercub, S7, whatever)?"
Personally the skills to build an airplane might be available, but the time to do so is not-
so I'd rather buy. Ditto for manufacturing parts, usually.
FWIW I seem to recall someone in the C180/185 Club having some strut seals for sale?
Alternatively, Skywagon City or a less-type-specific salvage outfit might be a good place to look.
Or hit it with some Dap and hide the evidence with a fairing.

Thanks,
I have decided to get the split Stene lower cuffs.
I also have heard good reports and it looks fairly easy to install.
Now I just have to find where to get teflon tape.

Tom

been years since i looked in a cessna, any fuel lines you need to worry about in that area drilling?? i forget where the front ones run

been years since i looked in a cessna, any fuel lines you need to worry about in that area drilling?? i forget where the front ones run

The blue stain will show if any lines are damaged;-)

Mike makes a great point. Lots of structure and stuff that might not ought to be drilled in that section... maybe get your mechanic's assistance.

Back