• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Its a new age thing-"The Gender Reveal Party"

Scouter

SPONSOR
Exeter Maine
When my dad was born, granddad didnt come to the hospital until the next day to see his new son. When I was born, my dad finished out the day planting potatoes on the farm then came into the hospital that night.
I was there sorta helping when all three of my kids came into the world and was thankful to be a part of it. In all of the births so far, none of us knew what whether you were getting a boy or a girl. Today, the ultrasound technology is so good you can see all sorts of things in the moms belly, especially the two most important spots. Therefore, the gender reveal party is born.

You may remember my daughter getting married last June, when a flyin broke out at a wedding, it was big fun. Now nature has taken its course, and my baby is having a baby not a year into the deal. In keeping with the aviation theme, she somehow wanted to keep the cub theme going, so she dreamed up a smoke pass which would either be pink smoke, or blue smoke for her baby gender. Go figure out how to do it dad. Took me a few experiments, but we figured out a way. The smoke system will only produce white smoke, if you want to do color you have to inject a chemical into the exaust of a jet engine, of which the Sport Cub is not equipped. We figured it out and the rest is history.

Last night we had to shut down the work a bit early and get with the family and friends around the firepit while dad fired up the cub. A couple of fake out passes down the strip just to agitate the crowd, and this is the money pass

b2.jpg

Blue smoke looks like another boy. We can use all the tractor drivers we can get our hands on

Really pretty night in Maine, we have had nothing but cold and wet for a month.

IMG_0101.PNG

Got back on the ground and the happy couple had one more announcement, the name
of said new baby.

The chief pilot had a fair amount of trouble seeing when my daughter said the baby boy would be named after the man she admired most,
her dad. James Everett Pullen, cant wait to give you a ride in the cub. Will even show you where the smoke button is
I am truly blessed with great family, and it keeps getting bigger and better

Congrats Allyssa and Mark. See you in Oct James Everett

IMG_3865.jpg

Jim

Attachments

• b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 3,919
  • IMG_0101.PNG
    IMG_0101.PNG
    614.9 KB · Views: 4,530
  • IMG_3865.jpg
    IMG_3865.jpg
    764.7 KB · Views: 4,778
Congrats. Get ready to have more fun than you knew you could have. Grandkids ROCK!

Attachments

• IMG_3345.jpg
    IMG_3345.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 323
Very cool. You have a wonderful family. Congrats And God bless to the new parents to be.

Jim, this is a totally cool thread! Thanks for sharing this with us.

I can understand why the chief pilot had trouble seeing when the name was announced. What a great tribute to any father!

The whole concept of a "gender revealing party" was new to me until my daughter did this to announce the arrival of Annabelle. It is a neat concept, certainly a "New Age" thing.

Congratulations, and nice job flying the aircraft with the blue smoke. I love the idea, and congratulate you for pulling it off!

Randy

Congratulations! Another young man entering an aviation family is never a bad thing.

....more on this blue smoke trick please

Screenshot for non-facebookers, shortly after the bomb was dropped.

af3ad2557df3730406217b2889b6904c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

....The whole concept of a "gender revealing party" was new to me until my daughter did this to announce the arrival of Annabelle. It is a neat concept, certainly a "New Age" thing.........

When I saw the title of this thread, I was SO afraid it was gonna be some kinda LGBT-whatever (aka "undecided" or "in between") thing.
Thanks for keeping it real. And congrats on the grandson!

So last time around the blue smoke stork machine gave me this little guy;

IMG_3862.jpg

Hes a pretty special boy to me, loves the planes.

Hired again last night by the same daughter, this time we had to change up the smoke to a different color.

pink51.jpg

Congrats Allyssa and Mark you overcame the male dominant gene around here. Cant wait to meet Charlotte, number 6

Much thanks to my wingman JP Russell, thanks for the FAC work and high cover, and directing the smoke pass. Good work

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_3862.jpg
    IMG_3862.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,547
  • pink51.jpg
    pink51.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,568
Congrats, we are expecting our first child in the next few days. Still don’t know what the gender is but will find out soon. Did manage to put a sign in the plane window.Image1540045737.185324.jpg

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Attachments

• Image1540045737.185324.jpg
    Image1540045737.185324.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 338
Good work chip d. Look at the code numbers on the bag. The first number on the code is the day of the week manufactured, the next 2 is the plant code. Our plant is 66, Killingly ct. Most likely would be our spuds

The Red Sox trip to the World Series next week means no downtime this weekend for us. Extra loads in the system already

jim

Ha. First thing I did when i got home from work this morning wast to check the code on our Lays Chip bag. We are eating good ol spuds from Maine. :)

Larry.

Good work chip d. Look at the code numbers on the bag. The first number on the code is the day of the week manufactured, the next 2 is the plant code. Our plant is 66, Killingly ct. Most likely would be our spuds

2018-10-22 12.55.57.jpg

Attachments

• 2018-10-22 12.55.57.jpg
    2018-10-22 12.55.57.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 245
Back