• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

supercub cad-3d

I may be completely wrong but in the third image the tabs that you have shown picking up the lower tail brace rods seem to be a bit minimal. There was a modification that added a plate to this area to add strength, effectively connecting the two lower brace rods. We incorporated it with a plate welded in when we replaced the lower longerons and tail post.

View attachment 34995

View attachment 34996

Hey Stew,
Thanks I have been looking for this. Is this bolted in or welded in. Also there is a short section of tube at the tail post that runs horizontal and rests above the lower longerons. What is this for?

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Hi there

In the service bulletin the plate is bolted on as a doubling plate over the original tabs. When we replaced the longerons we incorporated a whole new piece replacing the tabs and perhaps went over the top a bit.

I will attach the full .pdf of the Service Bulletin 706B

The short section of tube at the tail post that runs horizontal is listed as 80012-36 (Jig Hanger Bushing) on Drwg. 20642

Kind regards

Stew

Attachments

• 706B_Service Bulletin #706B 9th Oct 1991_Tail Brace Wire Support Installation.pdf
    591.8 KB · Views: 303
132.png133.png134.pnga bit of yesterday's work,is still missing some parts in the landing gear.

Attachments

• 132.png
    132.png
    197.8 KB · Views: 474
  • 133.png
    133.png
    243.8 KB · Views: 330
  • 134.png
    134.png
    209.1 KB · Views: 213
You are doing a great job. I bought my first computer about 25 years ago with the idea of making airplane parts drawings with it. I've tried several CAD type programs and have never been satisfied with the results. You have my admiration. Keep it up. :up

Absolutely agree. What software are you using, osvaldosurf?

solidworks 2017. but there are several software that promise to do better than solidworks, but I have never worked with them, maybe one day I change software. some examples of cad-3d are PTC, INVENTOR, CATIA V6

135.png136.png137.pngthese parts are giving me a lot of work.

Attachments

• 135.png
    135.png
    199.1 KB · Views: 216
  • 136.png
    136.png
    309.1 KB · Views: 263
  • 137.png
    137.png
    266.4 KB · Views: 225
141.png143.png144.pngthe main part of the drawing is finished, there are still a few more things to do, for example, the engine cover, the structure cover etc ...but I think he had stayed for another time. I'm still going to do a few more posts to get a doubt about the cables that go to the aileron in the wings, I need photos of the pulleys that are in the aileron area. More pa-18 photos on my blog

Attachments

• 141.png
    141.png
    288.1 KB · Views: 257
  • 143.png
    143.png
    292.7 KB · Views: 351
  • 144.png
    144.png
    339.8 KB · Views: 362
Hi friends, good afternoon, I need to know if this assembly is correct, can someone tell if I made these pulleys positions right? I need photos of this area.153.png154.png

Attachments

• 153.png
    153.png
    387.8 KB · Views: 256
  • 154.png
    154.png
    375.8 KB · Views: 328
At 0:59 the tabs from the stabilizer cross tube are facing down to where they attach to the trim yoke. This is wrong, they should be facing up. This is so that the stabilizer leading edge will rest on the top of the fuselage longerons.

If the STL files are available for sale via download, please post the details. (even if that means moving this thread to the classifieds section)

Also, for those of us not on SolidWorks (I use OnShape), could you export the full assembly and larger sub-assemblies as single STL files? How the parts are associated in space is very helpful, and having to reassemble the whole plane from individual STL parts would be a ton of work just to visualize an area of a build.

If the STL files are available for sale via download, please post the details. (even if that means moving this thread to the classifieds section)

Also, for those of us not on SolidWorks (I use OnShape), could you export the full assembly and larger sub-assemblies as single STL files? How the parts are associated in space is very helpful, and having to reassemble the whole plane from individual STL parts would be a ton of work just to visualize an area of a build.

Problem is, osvaldosurf is not even a member... classifieds are free to members...

sj

...is not even a member... classifieds are free to members...

AHHH. Got it.

This is an example of a digital resource worth its weight in gold.

SJ - Maybe you could work a deal to sell a new version of a USB stick like the Northland plans, however, this one containing STL files in various levels of sub-assembly?

my tube channel is AERO MACEIO.
friends, some people try to contact me by private message and I can't answer them. who wants to contact me has my contact in the pa-18 video in youtube. hugs

Contact details?

my tube channel is AERO MACEIO.
friends, some people try to contact me by private message and I can't answer them. who wants to contact me has my contact in the pa-18 video in youtube. hugs
Hello there, Oswaldo! I couldn’t find any contact details in the YouTube video… am I going blind, or just plain getting old? ;) Is there any other way of getting in touch with you?? All the best, Peter

Hello there, Oswaldo! I couldn’t find any contact details in the YouTube video… am I going blind, or just plain getting old? ;) Is there any other way of getting in touch with you?? All the best, Peter

I checked and didn't find any contact details either.

Thanks, Oswaldo :) I managed to find your email in one of the relies to a comment on the video, after a tip from a member here :) Thanks for all the infos and data, absolutely fantastic work. It would have taken me a hundred years! :)
All the best,
Peter

Back