• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Electric fuel gauges and sending units

polarpete

Fairbanks, Alaska
I have a super cub with four 18 gallon wing tanks, the outboard tanks have electric gauges. I am still researching the installation and was told the outboard tanks are out of a Pacer. Do Pacers have electric gauges? The outboard tanks look just like an inboard but have a place for the sending unit/float that attaches with five 10/32 screws. The gauges and sending unit are both made by AC but no part numbers on them. I need to find a source to buy 2 sending units and 2 gauges. Any ideas?

I know a guy who is building a modified Pacer, he switched from electric gauges to sigh gauges.
He should still have the sending units and gauges.
I'll ask him to check this thread & get ahold of you
if he wants to sell them.

I don't trust electric gauges. Neither did my airline; we always compared fuel upload with gauge indication. Even with the trusty cork, I dip my tanks before going anywhere with a calibrated wood stick.

I have no gauge on my wing tank. I do use the cork to tell me if fuel transfer is working ok.

The electric gauge has gone wonky on my right 12 gal aux tank. No biggie because I know how much is in it before flight by filling it, sticking it, or dead reckoning. Then I just run it to empty

I don't trust electric gauges either, Have had this cub for 33 years and the outboard tank gauges have never worked. I always time my fuel burn, but I may be selling it and since the STC called for electric gauges on the installation I though I would get them working. I think I have found all my parts, thanks for the help

I have one Pacer gauge. PM if interested. Cheap.

If I recall Gilbert Pierce posted on the short wing site about using new replacement gauges as used in the Helio Courier or something like that. I had them in my Pacer, hence the used one available. Its taking up space, if you want it. Piper had a switch to select the gage on L or R tank, and employed only one gauge.

Has anyone gotten approval for CiES senders in a PA-12,-18,-22? I think they may have been installed in the AOPA PA-18 that is being given away this year.

Back