• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Do you have your head up your ass?

You got it. I used the banana as an example of how little to eat. I eat no fruit. But some people crave sweets and they figure eating a pound of strawberrys and cool whip is healthy. Im usualy paleo during hunting season with the exception of the beer I kill once and a while.

Yeah I make my own triple-cream yogurt. You simply can't find decent yogurt in the supermarket anymore.

It contains no added sugar, and I ferment it for at least 24 hrs to remove most of the lactose. Then I filter it for 24-48 hours to remove the whey - which has most of the remaining amount of lactose and insulogenic protein.

What I am left with is a yogurt that has over 3 times the amount of fat than the "high fat" Greek yogurt you can buy in the supermarket. And 82% fat, 12% protein and 6% carbs by calories.

Oh and most important, fermented vegtables. Best source of probiotics without the sugar and dairy from yogurt.

Here is the way I think it works. Please don't believe any of it, use it as a self-study guide.:???:
You get new spontaneous cancer cells every day. Your immune system makes short work of them by incorporating vitamin D into your macrophages by means of a protein that it manufactures called: GcMAF. If you gap your vit D input by more than a week or so, then it can't activate the macrophages and a cluster of cells grow. As they grow, they manufacture an enzyme called Nagalase. Nagalase disables your body's production of GcMAF. You have about a weeks reserve of GcMAF...so you can see how important it is to not gap your vit D input. A bunch of naturopathic docs in Florida developed a blood test for Nagalase, along with an oral source for synthetic GcMAF,(you can get it on Amazon) but they started getting murdered, I think the toll is up to 60, so be careful.
Once you have an established cancer cell colony, they need you to provide them with three things to keep them alive.
1. sugar
2. methionine ... an amino acid normal human cells don't use, present in meat. Mostly chicken...
3. IGF-1 insulin growth factor, again mostly present in meat.
When a normal cell gets converted to a cancer cell, it disables the mitochondria and the P53 gene, so that it can only burn sugar and can't commit suicide(apoptosis)...
Ellagic acid(berries and nuts) comes along and converts the cancer cell back to normal, which reactivates the P53 gene, which causes it to promptly commit suicide. I think I would buy big bags of walnuts from Costco and choke them down....DCA, Di-chloro-acetate, a metabolic drug, does exactly the same thing, but isn't approved for cancer..(!!!!????) But, who needs it...you can even buy raspberry flour as ellagic acid, and take it as a supplement.

Last edited:
Very interesting FJ. that stuff has always fascinated me. Fortunately no one on either side of my family has had cancer and all my uncles and aunts that didn't get killed lived to be in their 90's but since I've ingested almost every chemical known to man, I may be the first. Can you expand a little on the 60?

Once you have an established cancer cell colony, they need you to provide them with three things to keep them alive.
1. sugar
2. methionine ... an amino acid normal human cells don't use, present in meat. Mostly chicken...
3. IGF-1 insulin growth factor, again mostly present in meat.
When a normal cell gets converted to a cancer cell, it disables the mitochondria and the P53 gene, so that it can only burn sugar and can't commit suicide(apoptosis)...

Regarding point 2, every cell utilizes methionine, as it is the first amino acid in almost every protein. mRNA transcripts (the single-stranded copy of DNA that goes to the ribosome for protein synthesis) are translated beginning at the AUG codon, and that codes for methionine. No methionine = no protein, and cells are basically protein making machines.

As for cancer cells disabling mitochondria, can you cite a source for that? I'm genuinely curious, as I teach Biology and if that is correct I'd like to incorporate that into my teaching. Oxidative phosphorylation (the electron transport chain) occurs in the mitochondria, and that is the source of almost all of our ATP (our cell's energy source). It doesn't make sense that the mitochondria could be disabled, as that would starve any cell of ATP. Regarding p53, while that is mutated in over 50% of all cancers, it is not mutated in every cancer. It is the cells most important tumor suppressor gene, but it's not the only one.

Thanks Brian!

Fobjob, not only are Brian's points excellent ones, but the GcMAF treatment thing was a big scam. One guy (Yamamoto) was pushing this as a cure for cancer in a bunch of fraudulent studies that all had to be retracted from various scientific journals. See here, for example: http://retractionwatch.com/2014/07/...-unapproved-cure-for-cancer-autism-retracted/

This is why I always try to cite reputable, scientific sources. There is just so much crap out there, and to cite this crap it really damages your credibility.

Brian, the hallmark of cancer cells themselves are damaged mitochondria that can't function anymore. I think FJ had it backwards. Therefore, in order to get energy, they rely on fermentation rather than respiration. The aggressive, metastatic cancers on the fermentation of glucose, which is called the Warburg Effect (Warburg won a Nobel prize for this, but it was largely ignored both because WWII then happened - he was German, and because he was a pompous a$$ who turned off a lot of people).

The slower spreading cancers like prostate have mostly been shown to be fueled by glutamine fermentation.

A lot of new research is going on in this area. A great book on the topic for biology teachers and others who want to delve into the science is Cancer as a Metabolic Disease, by Seyfried, et al. It is expensive as hell though!

Its all way over my head. But I say fallow the money trail. Whos funding the studies? Govt granted scientists were the ones starting fat free kick that got us fat and diabetic. Why is coke funding studies that say sugar and caffine are good for you? Seems the ones that are privatly funded and come on to something end up dead. Just my take. Elders in villages that live subsistant lifestyles live to be 100+.

That's always a valid question, one that was recently in the news with the sugar scandal. Almost all major scientific journals require a listing of who funded the study and authors in their "conflicts of interest" section. But sometimes the orgs are shells, or the authors even take bribes and don't list them, as in the sugar study.

It appears that the fraud associated with GcMAF was pretty easy to find by contacting the patients who were "subjects" of the study, sponsors who say they never sponsored it, and "co-authors" who weren't aware of it and hadn't written any papers in years (or were deceased before the paper was written).

For epidemiological studies, today authors are supposed to provide access or pointers to the data they used, so independent researchers could go and verify their results. This is a good thing, and has resulted in refutation or correction of false or misleading papers that promote false narratives, such as the diet-heart hypothesis. The huge Minnesota heart study comes to mind -- the data which was independently analyzed years later actually showed that lowering blood cholesterol raised the death rate! Here is a totally fascinating write up here: https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2016...ered-challenges-advice-on-saturated-fat/?_r=0

You are right that drug companies fund much of the medical research -- and don't fund promising therapies that threaten their bottom line. This is why we have to do it to. I helped fund this study: https://experiment.com/projects/par...te-ketogenic-diets-inhibit-cancers?s=discover

That's the nice thing about crowdfunding... we can get in on the act too! :lol:

Its all way over my head. But I say fallow the money trail. Whos funding the studies? Govt granted scientists were the ones starting fat free kick that got us fat and diabetic. Why is coke funding studies that say sugar and caffine are good for you? Seems the ones that are privatly funded and come on to something end up dead. Just my take. Elders in villages that live subsistant lifestyles live to be 100+.

You nailed it. Peer reviews a joke to. Be like me going to supercub.org and asking them to review a study I did of why the cub is a safer better utility aircraft than a champ. Bet 9 out of 10 would agree. Heehee

Here is the way I think it works. Please don't believe any of it, use it as a self-study guide.:???:
/QUOTE]
Thanks for doing my vetting for me, I didn't really have time, as a lot of that was old stuff I was still dragging around, and anything you read on the net HAS to be revisited several times before believing any of it.
Please be a little cautious about "oh, that was a scam" stories about things that are likely to be suppressed, too. Dis-info is as common as mis-info these days....
Anyone find conflicting info on ellagic acid, yet? There's bound to be some, especially if it works.....

Fobjob, not only are Brian's points excellent ones, but the GcMAF treatment thing was a big scam.

!

Kinda why I dropped out of this conversation a couple days ago. I love a conspiracy theory as good as the next guy but..................
I've had three ailments in the last 10 or so years. 2 were cured naturopathically. I about killed myself trying it with the third one.
I went to a diet very similiar to what Christina posted earlier and feel better than I have for years. but I do have to take one drug for one ailment.

Yeah, if it was real, there wouldn't be a cover up, would there? Nothing to see here, move along. Ignore the dead bodies, they musta had accidents....the stink goes away pretty quick....Now that the fog has descended, nothing is going to happen now or for the foreseeable future, so might as well relax...
Alternative medicine is unpredictable. Some people respond, and some don't, for unknown reasons. Why unknown? Because there's no money in finding out. The general diet outlines are indeed the best approach. BUT, there is still a lot of uncertainty even there; luckily, there are now more nutritional studies than ever....

Last edited:
Thanks Ralf. That is what I like to hear.

I don't mind the diet deliberation because it keeps this thread at the top.

Thank you, Chris. But, you have to find a better way to motivate people.
See. Now I like this even better. I really want to brainstorm on how to do a better job of motivation. That is what this original thread was about.

Motivation to prevent cancer is even more important than motivation to get screening!

Here is an interesting deconstruction of a meta study by Chris Masterjohn, a researcher into metabolic processes. He shows that 1) how poorly constructed meta studies can be, 2) how bad many scientific studies are (for example he shows that the control group of the VA study had a large number of smokers while the vegetable-oil eating group didn't, and this was not accounted for in the study), and 3) how truly dangerous polyunsaturated vegetable oils likely are, with their very high correlation with cancer!

Last edited:
Thank you, Chris. But, you have to find a better way to motivate people.

People need to talk to someone with a colostomy bag if they want to feel more motivated to get screened. Or someone currently undergoing chemotherapy. Or radiation. Or the loved ones of someone who just passed away from a disease that is mostly preventable/treatable with screening.

In my high school Biology classes I teach a 2-week unit on cancer, and as part of that we read an article from the NY Times that contains the following text.

"Screening has no advocate like a patient who has been through it all — surgery, radiation and chemotherapy, or slash, burn and poison, as some people call it — for a tumor that might have been easily cured if it had only been found sooner.

“If people knew what they had to go through with colorectal cancer, they wouldn’t hesitate to have this silly little colonoscopy,” said Rebecca Michalovic, who has rectal cancer that was diagnosed in 2003. Ms. Michalovic, 60, has had the works: radiation, three operations and a half-dozen ferocious drugs. Despite it all, the cancer has spread to her lungs. But one drug after another has stopped working, and she is down to the last two. She was 56 and had always been healthy when the disease was diagnosed, after she noticed a bit of rectal bleeding. She had never been checked for colorectal cancer.

“I should have done it,” Ms. Michalovic said."

Seriously, how much motivation do people need? If folks think that a colonoscopy might be unpleasant, imagine carrying around a colostomy bag for the rest of your life after having your colon surgically removed.

Last Wed morning I thought I'd see what I had to do to get an appointment. Local clinic made contact with where the surgeon is based and I just got done and never actually saw a doctor. I'm 60.5 and everything looked good. One thing I might suggest is getting a portable bidet or rig up the garden hose when you're cleaning out--- a rough wash cloth doesn't cut it and I had to improvise. I was really hungry 2 hrs into the fasting and my sister said she did chicken broth. Believe it or not, apple juice and chicken broth and I never really was hungry. Quit eating about 9 30 Mon morning, started cleaning out at 5 30, no more anything at midnight, 9 45 started IV drip solution, procedure started about 11 30 and first food at 12 30. Funny thing, he was poking around my groin and said " you might want to do something about those hernia's -----think about it".

Motivation to prevent cancer is even more important than motivation to get screening!
I disagree, but only for the type of audience that we have here. I think that the age group that we have on this message board with more coincide with the screenings rather than the prevention. However the nutritional prevention is a good follow-up to the talk about screenings.

Thank you Marty for having your screening done. I can't tell you how much it means to me.

I've met with the GI Doc who's schedule is flexible but he wants the Cardiologist to sign off before he does the procedure. Hopefully it will be done by mid April (Colonoscopy). The backstory is during the high water and mandatory evacuations here the stress got the best of me and nothing was functioning very well in my body. Class 3 is currently on hold so no flying which just adds to the stress.

Appointment set for April 10th. I have a coworker who is on a colostomy bag now. Screening could have prevented this most likely. I am only 49 will be the 3rd time for me now to have it done. Removed polyps the first time in 02. Time and tide wait for no man GET IT DONE please.

One year ago today(3/15/16) my stepson at age 25 had stage 3 colon/rectal cancer. He is now in remission after chemo and radiation treatments and 2 surgeries. He only thought he had hemorrhoids. He is the first in his family to have this type of cancer. Get checked out, it could save your life.

One year ago today(3/15/16) my stepson at age 25 had stage 3 colon/rectal cancer. He is now in remission after chemo and radiation treatments and 2 surgeries. He only thought he had hemorrhoids. He is the first in his family to have this type of cancer. Get checked out, it could save your life.
This is EXACTLY what happened to me. Do NOT let anyone tell you blood in stool is just hemorrhoids. Get it checked out. Thanks for posting.

This is really bad. Just 25 years old??? The average age of a colorectal cancer patient in the United States is 72 at the time of diagnosis. What was he eating? I'm glad he is in remission, but did he make the appropriate dietary / lifestyle changes so it doesn't occur again?

This is really bad. Just 25 years old??? The average age of a colorectal cancer patient in the United States is 72 at the time of diagnosis. What was he eating? I'm glad he is in remission, but did he make the appropriate dietary / lifestyle changes so it doesn't occur again?

Since he was so young he was placed in a study group at the University of Washington and the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. SCCA and UW did genetic testing and found 2 cancer genes. They are still doing studies to find out more information. His lifestyle was changed drastically due to the iliostomy bag he had to wear. He is still healing and learning many healthy habits.

Back