• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA 12 seat sling lacing

robertc

FOUNDER
Idaho
I have searched the forum, no luck. Help me out on PA12 seat sling lacing. I'm starting to have a helmet fire. I have the cord, I just am not sure how to lace it correctly.

Attachments

• IMG_0651.jpg
    IMG_0651.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 480
Last edited:
I think you need to flip it around so the grommets in the middle are on the outside of seat. Then you fold top row of grommets over top tube and lace down to the second row of grommets. The row of grommets at the front of seat gets laced under seat to the row next to them. I hope I don't confuse you. Don't have a picture of mine to share

Thanks Mike! How do you attach these to the tubes and front wooden cross member and could you post any pics please?

I was thinking of just hinging the panels (if plywood) together and just using clips on the tubes and letting the front of the seat rest on the wooden member. If plywood, what thickness would you say?

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

normally you also add an underseat storage box under rear seat from stoddard(Landes or maybe carbon concepts makes one?)

you hinge rear of bottom to/on top of rear baggage floor, assuming you have that?? a picture of what state your plane looks like with sling removed would help....

this video not really applicable to your installation had some issues to over come because of doors on both sides... but gives an idea of the metal work seats.. also thin is a lowered floor version on the longerons I did, with extended baggage....

normally you also add an underseat storage box under rear seat from stoddard(Landes or maybe carbon concepts makes one?)

you hinge rear of bottom to/on top of rear baggage floor, assuming you have that?? a picture of what state your plane looks like with sling removed would help....

this video not really applicable to your installation had some issues to over come because of doors on both sides... but gives an idea of the metal work seats.. also thin is a lowered floor version on the longerons I did, with extended baggage....

This is how the (pretty much original I guess) rear seat frame looks without the slings Mike :)

IMG_4532.JPGIMG_4540.JPGIMG_4541.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_4532.JPG
    IMG_4532.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_4540.JPG
    IMG_4540.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_4541.JPG
    IMG_4541.JPG
    389.1 KB · Views: 769