• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Missing Plane Hood to Kenai

barbwire

SD/AK
Any of our AK friends have any current information on this. I have a friend that may have been on board.

Thanks for the info and updates.
That is a big jump to go across the inlet from the lakes north of Kenai??
Hope they find them soon. Another night out there would not be good.

please please please, buy the new style 406 ELT.... it takes the "SEARCH" out of a "search and rescue"... and tie it to your GPS!! they spent an extra 24 hours out there because of this...

Thanks to Dale Heckert, Gary Cutsforth, everyone who searched prayed helped out , the Guard you Coasties rock.

Thanks be to God!
Thanks you so much for the updates and information.
I don't know if any of you know John White but what a great guy. So happy for his wife and family that they got Dad, Grandpa back home.

oops.jpgThank you GOD and COASTIES..jpg

Attachments

• oops.jpg
    oops.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 377
  • Thank you GOD and COASTIES..jpg
    Thank you GOD and COASTIES..jpg
    196 KB · Views: 346
I'm sure happy for these folks that everyone is safe. But please explain why someone flies in Alaska during the winter without skis?

Some planes go from runway to runway. I doubt this was a planned landing. I hope we hear the pilot's story. I was on the west side for the weekend. Weather was sketchy during the day with plenty of low stuff and snow moving through but Saturday night got clear and cold. I'm glad they were dressed well.

Back