• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Amazon Deliveries

Amazon drones started with a 10 mile range and are now at 15.
You will see more box stores close and become drone centers.
What a wonderful world is being developed, Most all the box stores I grew up around are long gone already. I am glad I will not be active in it for much longer. But might still be long enough to see the downfall of one or two of these monopolies.

What a wonderful world is being developed, Most all the box stores I grew up around are long gone already. I am glad I will not be active in it for much longer. But might still be long enough to see the downfall of one or two of these monopolies.

Costco seems like a bit of a monopoly-- Walmart etc try but IMHO can't compete.
But Amazon seems like even more of a monopoly than any brick-n-mortar box store ever was.

I guess I'm missing something in the grand thought process of eliminating jobs via more technology in order to save money to be followed by the report to share holders that sales are down due to unemployment.

OC

Ps. Get Off My Lawn!

Both runways are a little farther than I might like to walk on a cold or rainy day, I'm thinking a chute which will slide my packages right in on my kitchen table.

RC Aircraft are not required to use transponders but if they are not equipped it is illegal to fly an RC plane above 700ft if I recall right.

How many of us are flying below 1000ft in an area that's within a 20 mile radius of an Amazon ship center? It's illegal to go lower than 500ft of clearance between yourself and the highest building in an urban area so wouldn't that give plenty of clearance for drones to fly below that height?

I'm just trying to figure out what all the consternation is about. Seems like plenty of existing unused airspace for drones to zip about in urban areas. I doubt you'll see Amazon zipping a drone out to a remote area given the limitations of technology for the foreseeable future.

I almost hit a drone on a test flight on freshly recovered wings. A mile from the airport over a lake doing touch and goes on skis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost hit a drone on a test flight on freshly recovered wings. A mile from the airport over a lake doing touch and goes on skis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a close call with a big black one a couple of years ago at 2500' over a pine plantation in East Texas. At first I thought it was a Buzzard that turned into me and went under my wing then I noticed multiple props. I'll take Buzzards any day.

Back