• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Grass strip close to Philly?

Call Keith the owner of Peaslee Airstrip NJ25. The phone # is listed. He is a fine fellow and has couple tiedowns. Not sure if he has a space in the hangar. As close as it gets to Philly.

Thanks Vlad, that looks like it will work, will check it out tomorrow. Are you the Vlad with an RV8? If so I met you at Phil Zinck airstrip, then again on a frozen lake I think?

jim

Back in the good old days, I was growing up in Wenonah, NJ...and occasionally see Peasley flying around in an old Piaseki or some such dual rotor chopper, the field was very private...but closer than that, you won't find unless you land on the abandoned strip at the Philly navy base....they wouldn't like it..

Thanks Vlad, that looks like it will work, will check it out tomorrow. Are you the Vlad with an RV8? If so I met you at Phil Zinck airstrip, then again on a frozen lake I think?

jim

Yes Jim it's me small world huh. I fly a RV9 which could keep up with Cubs the RV8 couldn't. :x

I used to land at West Chester - grass, and mostly Cubs. Should we assume you are not equipped to land at PHL?

I went into north east phily and stayed at the jet center, they were terrible, didn't have a parking spot with tie downs and charged an arm and a leg. I ended up using my claw and tied down off the ramp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back