• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Baffle Seal Pattern(s)

elpcub

Looking for baffle seal patterns for a PA18-160. Anyone have a PDF or some measurements I might be able to follow to cut the individual seal pieces? Thanks

Are you talking the aluminum, or the rubber?

Rubber is easy... a drill, pop rivet gun, some rubber seal and a six pack of good root beer!

Use industrial scissors to cut where needed!

Aluminum... see MCS Mike's post above

The rubber seal(s) pattern is what I am looking for. Received message from one person recommending using cardboard cut outs to make templates. Thought that was a good idea. Any others??? Some great examples (pictures) on this WWW for what right looks like.

Something that seemed puzzling in all the baffle / seal picture viewing I have been doing is the fact that some folks secure the seals to the outer perimeter of the baffle. Most secure to the inside of the baffle. Is one more correct than the other? Physics (air pressure) would point me to placing the seal inside the baffle. Thoughts...

Last edited:
Something that seemed puzzling in all the baffle / seal picture viewing I have been doing is the fact that some folks secure the seals to the outer perimeter of the baffle. Most secure to the inside of the baffle. Is one more correct than the other? Physics (air pressure) would point me to placing the seal inside the baffle. Thoughts...
You have the answer.

Back