• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Front Range area of Colorado builds in progress?

Colorado-Cub

Buena Vista, CO
Anyone have any type of Cub (or any tube and fabric) build in progress anywhere along the Front Range of Colorado? (say, Fort Collins down to Co Springs?)

Before I start a build I would love to learn and lend a hand however I can for anyone willing to share?

I built an SQ-2 at Platte Valley (18V). Happy to share build do's and don't as well as tool tips.

You are already on the hook Ted. I'll bring the beer someday when you are ready.

(this is Dave from LMO with the J3ish thing... :) )

I have built some components for a CH750, have built some various things for my existing experimental Cub, handy with a Tig, decent with a brake and slip roll, love clecos, run the rivet gun like a exicited 9 year old boy who ate too much sugar, and can program the CNC to make detailed parts my mini-mill or mini-lathe can't handle.

I have never played with any fabric covering projects (although did paint both single and dual stage parts recently), never played with alumin tubing for fuel or brake lines, never scratch built baffles, and the list goes on an on...

My interests are in experimental Cubs (SQ2 is my dream plane) although the RANs S7 is also high on my list after reading so much about courierguys bird. Really I just enjoy learning about anything built by people with their hands that is intended to fly.

I've been very blessed to have a good group of fellow builders mentor me in many, many techniques. I've also learned a lot from the many items that took me two or three (or more!) times to get right <g>. Of course, it helped that I always had good beer--and lots of it--in the fridge in my hangar!

Back