Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: PA-11 Cowl Info

Post Thanks / Like

PA-11 Cowl Info

I am constructing a scale PA-11. I have been unable to find useful information regarding the design of the cowl, and it would assist me greatly if anybody could provide any insight as to its design/dimensions. If there exists any accessible plan/schematics that would be ideal, otherwise any knowledge pertaining to its measurements would be extremely helpful.
    -Much appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    If it helps it's the same as a Pa-18-95

Glenn
    "Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to supercubproject.com, click on drawings and search on "cowl". You can also find a Super Cub parts book on line and look up the part numbers for the PA-18-95 cowl and search on those part numbers at that site. Lots of cross-over between the PA-11 and Super Cub.

Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    Couldn't find sketches of the part so I drew my own design. I think it turned out pretty accurate:
    PA-11, PA-18-95 Frontplate:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA-11 Cowl Design.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	26394

Post Thanks / Like

Cowling

Quote Originally Posted by Bob1234 View Post
    I am constructing a scale PA-11. I have been unable to find useful information regarding the design of the cowl, and it would assist me greatly if anybody could provide any insight as to its design/dimensions. If there exists any accessible plan/schematics that would be ideal, otherwise any knowledge pertaining to its measurements would be extremely helpful.
    -Much appreciated
    The pa11 and the Pa-18-95 are not exactly the same. I was converting my j3 to a pa 11 and I went to Univair and had them put the pieces side by side. The pa1895 has a swing mount and the pa 11 does not. The cowling pieces are just a little long on a pa18-95 then a pa-11. This is Because of the swing mount. It is only around 7/16 to 1/2 longer. the most expensive part is the nose bowl. The other pieces where relatively cheap compared to the nosebowl.