• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Wing Rib/Fabric Repair Near Pittsburgh

Vince

Well, I was sitting in my Super Cub, No. 1 in line for takeoff at Sentimental Journey last week, just seconds from a clean escape, when someone struck my right wing with his left wing and slightly bent a rib and did minor fabric damage.
The plane is flyable, as no fabric was torn and no stitches were severed, but I want to get it fixed to look like it did before.
Can anyone suggest a good tube and fabric guy within a few hundred miles of Pittsburgh? (I actually am based in Morgantown,WV). These folks are getting hard to find. Thanks!

Sam Scriiva BVI, not fast but good, will teach you to do it yourself if interested. Really a good guy, my hangar is available for your use there as my cub is currently on floats.

Take it apart Tom is somewhere over there

he has newly recovered wings sitting around I think also:lol:

George Taylor at Van Sant (9N1) in Erwinna, PA or Bob Hunt in Hackettstown, NJ.... PM me for contact details.

After checking with several individuals mentioned here and elsewhere, I finally took my PA-18 to Frank Sabo at Tiffin Aire (Tiffin, Ohio). They are in the process of painting and should be done next week. After I get it back I'll report on the quality of the work.
Many thanks to everyone who offered suggestions and names - much appreciated!

Well, I was sitting in my Super Cub, No. 1 in line for takeoff at Sentimental Journey last week, just seconds from a clean escape, when someone struck my right wing with his left wing and slightly bent a rib and did minor fabric damage.
The plane is flyable, as no fabric was torn and no stitches were severed, but I want to get it fixed to look like it did before.
Can anyone suggest a good tube and fabric guy within a few hundred miles of Pittsburgh? (I actually am based in Morgantown,WV). These folks are getting hard to find. Thanks!
Vince, just saw your post. I am Cubs Unlimited and I am located just south of Pittsburgh. Been away for awhile, but I am back now. Im located at Rostraver Airport. Email. jswalt@comcast.net.for any future work you may need.006.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 130
Back