• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

whats the best prop to break in a fresh overhaul?

MT12

FRIEND
Montana
While I am still a couple of months out, the 12 project is just in the paint booth now; but I am wondering. What's the best prop to use for break in, it a fresh overhaul on an 0-320A2B 150hp, wide deck. I have an 82-44 or a 74-56 (or maybe its a 76-54 I don't remember) to chose from. My home base airport sits at 3900 MSL.

thanks for your opinion

doug

I always heard lower RPH and higher manifold pressure is the combination but many others know FAR more that I, but I'd hang the 74-56 on to start.

I have a 74/60 that I've loaned a couple of people to break in an O-320. It's supposed to go on a PA-18A next that's going to Billings. You're welcome to it, if the timing works.

I have a 74/60 that I've loaned a couple of people to break in an O-320. It's supposed to go on a PA-18A next that's going to Billings. You're welcome to it, if the timing works.

Thanks Carey, I'll keep you in mind, I head to Billings this week to pick up my finished new panel.

Use the 56" for breakin, the engine is s'posed to work hard without overheating.

Back