• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

FAA Offers ADS-B Rebate!

I'm definitely interested in this rebate program. I have been weighing options for ADS-B in my Super Cub, so why not take advantage of the rebate. $500 is $500 after all!

As usual with the Feds, you must jump thru a series of hoops.

Rebate Steps:
1. Decide: Owner schedules the installation of the Technical Standard Order (TSO)-certified avionics for an eligible aircraft.
2. Reserve: The owner reserves a rebate from the FAA’s ADS-B Rebate website for each Eligible Aircraft before avionics installment occurs.
3. Install:The TSO-certified ADS-B avionics are installed on the eligible aircraft.
4. Fly & Validate: Not later than 60 days after the installation, the aircraft must be flown in “rule airspace” as defined in 14 CFR 91.225 for a minimum of 30 minutes with at least 10 aggregate minutes of maneuvering (AC 20-165B contains flight maneuver recommendations). After the flight, the aircraft owner must validate the performance of the Eligible Aircraft’s ADS-B installation by requesting a Public Compliance Report available on the FAA’s ADS-B Rebate website. A validated installation will provide the owner with an incentive code.
5. Claim: Not later than 60 days after the installation date, the aircraft owner gathers their Rebate Reservation Code and Incentive Code and navigates to the ADS-B Rebate website to claim the rebate.

The FAA is kicking in $500 each for the next 20,000 airplanes?
Ten million taxpayer dollars and the people who already ponied up don't count?
Only the FAA could dream this up.

Yup, $7,000 install and you get $500. Where would I have to go to get in airspace? Oh, over 10,000'

:???:

What about experimentals who can install themselves? Rebate no good for them unless installed by shop?

Back