• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Alaska Airmen Board Issues

Akfotoman

Anchorage, AK
After 16 years of membership and volunteering for the Alaska Airmen Association and 3 years on its board of directors, last night fellow board member Rob Stone and I were kicked off of its board by a vote of board members by Josh Overturf, Sven Lincke, Grant Funk, John Dahlen, David Delcourt, and Dennis Bedford. We were given no reason other than the organization of six members wanted us off. Blue skies Airmen's members ! We tried to make a positive difference...!

Did you suggest they change the mission statement to reflect their one and only desire is to make more money from the tradeshow?

This is strange. You must have some idea why this happened? Some issue that was in deep contention?

After 16 years of membership and volunteering for the Alaska Airmen Association and 3 years on its board of directors, last night fellow board member Rob Stone and I were kicked off of its board by a vote of board members by Josh Overturf, Sven Lincke, Grant Funk, John Dahlen, David Delcourt, and Dennis Bedford. We were given no reason other than the organization of six members wanted us off. Blue skies Airmen's members ! We tried to make a positive difference...!

Maybe its time for an organization that serves Alaskan pilots more than tourists? I'd be interested in an organization like that.

No, the change was brought about by the ED who also has control of the board over the GAAG even though today is said to be her last day after a 20-year reign.

Nope, the other board members only had to provide a motion to remove us, and then vote on it. They refused to tell me why, although it was alluded to, that we were trouble makers and that the board was dysfunctional. Six board members, and the former President of the board were removed within the last two years, and 4 members within the last year.

If the corporation does not have specific bylaws relating to the removal of board members, then state law provides the rules that must be followed. Because board members are elected by the shareholders/members, they cannot usually be removed by the rest of the board.

Not a lawyer. You might check with one if so motivated.

Wayne

AS a life member, if you are not going to post the entire minutes as recorded then go away??????? Noted that this is your 3rd post here!

I know a few of the folks. I am interested in the what and why. I have only positives interactions and knowledge (of) with these folks(both sides of the story).

Mike

???? not sure how to interpret that..

He appears to be offended by the posts of a new member which refer to an organization dear to his heart. I believe believe mit is calling out AkPhotoman to provide written proof or leave sc.org.

Sounds eerily similar to the aktango/azdave thread.

I will not be renewing my membership the Alaska Airman's. They did not support the repeal of Prop 207 without major prodding and suspect the above is fall out from that issue.
Bob

Last edited:
I will not be renewing my membership this group. They did not support the repeal of Prop 207 without major prodding and suspect the above is fall out from that issue.
Bob

Are you speaking of SC.org, or AK airman's here?

Thank you for clarification!

I will not be renewing my membership the Alaska Airman's. They did not support the repeal of Prop 207 without major prodding and suspect the above is fall out from that issue.
Bob

That was my first thought when this thread started; Prop 207 and the birth of RHAK.

Residenthuntersofalaska.org An answer to the abuses the Alaska Board of Game has promulgated under the current chairman. Take a look at the web site for clarification.
Cheers;
LiteCub

Thank you.

Seems like a group of trouble makers trying to buck a system supported by money, designed by those with money to keep getting money.

I might just have to join them!!!!:p

There does need a voice for resident non-professional hunters. I realize that the guide industry is big $ for our state, but there does need to be a balance so that locals can have good opportunity for success without paying guide fees. After all, we are the ones dealing with the state management.

I know a handful of guides and nobody I know is more opposed to 207 than them. That isn't a pro hunter issue from where I sit. It's an airplane issue.

The Airman's assoc was equally ignorant about the MOA expansion when I called to ask about that a couple of years ago. They didn't know what I was asking about.

Last edited:
Dropped my membership before I even owned a plane. Even then just seemed more interested in tourism than Alaskan pilots doing what they do. I do still support them though, 1 $50 ticket per year. Unfortunately that even took a price hike. Must be the ED retirement fund.

It's always been a good-ole-boy club, time to for a change maybe. Don't send them any money. I don't plan on paying any dues until they replace the moron running the show in Fairbanks...

i just checked and they did replace the moron....

Last edited:
He appears to be offended by the posts of a new member which refer to an organization dear to his heart. I believe believe mit is calling out AkPhotoman to provide written proof or leave sc.org.

Sounds eerily similar to the aktango/azdave thread.

Sums it up I think? Lets be clear here, put up or shut up..................

AS a life member, if you are not going to post the entire minutes as recorded then go away???????
Rob Stone and I requested the minutes, and the recording of the teleconference which we have yet to receive. This meeting was statewide call in that lasted over an hour.

Back