• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

WWW.AircraftExhaust.com

Anzack

Litchfield Park, AZ
Has anybody purchased exhaust parts from this place before www.aircraftexhaust.com ? I'm looking for a front exhaust stack part number 12043-23 PA22/20/16 as mine has a serious crack and has already been repaired several times before. Their price is reasonable at $448.20 compared to other places I've looked into so far. If anybody can tell me a better price somewhere else or a lead on a good used one I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Bryan

Last edited:
Bryan, try these folks:

Aerospace Welding Inc.
1045 Gemini Road
Eagan, MN 55121
Phone: 800-597-4315
Their business is exhaust repair but they have been known to "repair" a system using one original flange (and some people say that they then cut that flange off and weld a new one on). You might have to supply them with a scrap part to start with.

Thank you. I talked to them and had a hard time getting someone on the phone that could help me. If you don't send them your old exhaust or one to work with there is a $100 core charge. I couldn't get them to tell me exactly what I get in return. They are still an option but looking for others. I did get a quote from Knisley Welding for $504 I think for a new stack. Seems to be reasonable but again I don't know anything about their quality. Anybody have any experience with them? Thanks in advance.

I have a stock pa18 150 exhaust system sitting in my hangar , ( got a sutton that I am happy with) would be willing to send it to you if that would help.

Try calling Custom Aircraft Parts in El Cajon CA.
619-561-5757 or 800-561-1901
www.customaircraft.com
They've rebuilt a muffler for my C150/150TD, and more recently stacks & a collector for my 180.
I was very satisfied--very nice work at very reasonable prices, completed in a timely fashion.

Try calling Custom Aircraft Parts in El Cajon CA.
619-561-5757 or 800-561-1901
www.customaircraft.com
They've rebuilt a muffler for my C150/150TD, and more recently stacks & a collector for my 180.
I was very satisfied--very nice work at very reasonable prices, completed in a timely fashion.
Highly recommend, they built the exhaust system for my Cub. It fits perfectly.

I have a stock pa18 150 exhaust system sitting in my hangar , ( got a sutton that I am happy with) would be willing to send it to you if that would help.

I appreciate the offer but I don't think a PA18 exhaust will work with my application. I have a PA12 with the front end off a PA22.

When I looked at their site it says not for certified aircraft? Is yours certified and do they do both then? Thanks.
Mine is experimental. But still worth a call. As Darrel said if you sent them your old one, they could "rebuild" it for you. "rebuild" or "repair" are different than "manufacture". Hint, hint! :wink:

Back