• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

4 blade SC prop?

Rich Lean

FRIEND
ND
I noticed that the SC calendar featuring a Breitling cub in February has a 4 blade prop (unless its camera blur?). I don't believe I have seen one on a cub before, why are they not more popular?

If its anything like a 4 blade Warp Drive they sound horrible. I fly a friends Breezy with the WD 4 blade and it sounds like hell's lawnmower. Performs great but the racket from the prop is awful.

I believe it is to comply with very strict Euro noise regs and you will notice the same plane with a very large muffler extending along the right side.

Bill

4 blade MT and other brand props are common in Europe. And mufflers like the Gomolzig. Some planes can't land in certain airports because of noise levels and if you have a Cessna 337 (push me-pull you) forget it. I flew a 600 Stearman from London to Lisbon and then Lisbon to Venice, leaving behind a trail of smiling pilots and screaming officials. Support AOPA and EAA and all the others because there are many people who want to stop you from anything they don't like-unless it suits them. Its all "about me." While I'm ranting, please use common sense, so it isn't "about me" when you're in the drivers seat. IM (not)HO short blade props aren't worth a hoot.

Back