• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Cabin Vent Options

Hello this is a old thread but I was wondering if anyone knew where to buy the ultimate vents or if there is a better vent for my window. Thanks for my replies

Sent from my SM-G960W using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Vero beach 18s had the little square window, left .wag aero sells them. They work perfect. I installed one rear right for the passenger and I'm considering adding one right front for dual they take a little bit to install but they are very neat relatively watertight and extremely adjustable

Aircraft Spruce sells the large ones. Vans sells the small ones. The large ones have a 1/7/8" disc whereas the small ones are about 1"

Does anyone know if this is still the case? I can’t seem to find them on AC Spruce’s website. I’m looking to add some additional ventilation to the back of my plane.

Thanks!

Bumping this back to the top - I’d love to order a couple of these. Anyone know who currently sells them? I didn’t see them in the Aircraft Spruce catalogue.

Thanks!

Spruce ran out of the larger size years ago. I tried to buy some from the European branch when they still had them in their catalog but they were already gone. The smaller ones were sold by Van's Aircraft. I got 4 of them last summer and they were running short then. I don't see them on the Van's site anymore so they must be gone, too. If anyone has a line on some it would be Clint at Vetterman. I'd buy 4 of the big ones if I could find them. Great vents. It seems like they'd be a good product for a 3D printer.

IMG_4668.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4668.JPG
    IMG_4668.JPG
    670.8 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Steve, these guys must be talking about a different vent because I had no problem getting them at univair just the other day.

Sent from my Pixel using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Steve, talking about these:

Here are some pics of Larrys cub. He built a short stand off so that the vents can't contact the wing when the window is up and vents open.

EDIT: well shoot, the quote didn’t grab the pictures but there in the original post above (#46).

I sent Clint a PM earlier this afternoon to see if he still has them.

I’m also considering the PA-22 style vents.

Let me chime in here. The small vent was invented by my friend Dean Cochran. I took over production of them in 1990 and they were for airplanes that cruised in the 180-200 mph area. After that I designed the larger ones for cub type airplanes. When I retired, I turned the vents over to Clint, and have not kept up with any status on them. I do know that getting a qualified machinist to make them to the tight limits needed to make them work properly was a continuous problem. They take a lot of time to machine from solid stock hence the price but I often wondered about 3D printing, which was in infancy in those days. I would hope someone would contact Clint about keeping them going as they are a very good vent. Larry v.

Back