• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA-12 Cabin heat duct

txfirefighter628

Brownwood, TX
Does anybody know where I can get this piece of ducting for a PA-12? It looks like it is made of leather. I called univair and the guy didn't know what I was talking about and it's not listed in the parts manual. Also, I don't know why but the forum always flips my pictures upside down when I post them with my IPad.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    251.6 KB · Views: 961
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    316.8 KB · Views: 944
There are enough boots in Texas that there should be a shoemaker who could sew one up. jrh

Before I got rid of mine and replaced it with an Atlee heater valve box, we took a large (4"?) piece of SCAT hose, cut to the proper size, removed the wire and made one out of that material. I think we used dental floss to sew up the seam.

Before I got rid of mine and replaced it with an Atlee heater valve box, we took a large (4"?) piece of SCAT hose, cut to the proper size, removed the wire and made one out of that material. I think we used dental floss to sew up the seam.

I like that idea, I think I'll try that and if it turns out ok I'll post some upside down pictures when I get time to make it.

I like that idea, I think I'll try that and if it turns out ok I'll post some upside down pictures when I get time to make it.
Now that I think of it, we used lacing cord (for wiring harnesses) to sew it up with - it was only a few inches long. We sealed it with red silicone.

Those photos were upside down? Oh! I thought you were in New Zealand.

Question, should there really be that hole between the muffler heat pipe connection and the heater box heat pipe connection? My heater box also has that piece of metal missing in the male connection, but i assumed that was just there to make getting the female part of the fitting part over it a little easier?

Back