• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA-12 placard content

MT12

FRIEND
Montana
I am having lettering done for my new panel and wing root panels and need help ensuring I get all the wording needed on all of the placards that I need to keep me as close to legal as possible and to avoid having to hand letter one later on and have it look like garbage. I have the following ones from the Type Certificate but am worried I am missing some:

This airplane must be operated in compliance with the CAA Approved Operating Limitations (or Airplane Flight Manual)"
Normal Category - No acrobatic maneuvers including spins approved.
Utility Category - No acrobatic maneuvers approved except those listed below:
Maneuver Entry Speed Chandelles 110 mph
Lazy Eights 110 mph
Steep Turns 90 mph
Spins Stall Stalls (except whip stalls) Stall
Drain all fuel sumps before first flight each day
On rear seat: "Front seat for solo flying."

This plane will be on EDO 2000-89 part of the time-of which I have no idea if they require any kind of interior placard and couldn't find anything searching the net. The plane has the full range of mod's and STC's that may require a placard that I can't remember.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
heres last -12 i did had:

• If throttle is installed in Left door, then left door must be shut and fully closed prior to engine start up, and must remain until shutdown.
  • Make sure throttle interconnect is fully engaged and not binding.
  • Both doors to remain shut during taxi and flight.
  • Drain All sumps before first flight of day.
  • Fuel cap vent tubes must face forward.
  • Rear seat heat must be in OFF position when using carburetor heat.
  • Make sure parking brake knob is pushed IN to OFF position before landing or taxiing, or brakes may be locked, or no braking may occur.
  • If more than 5 VG’s are missing aircraft is unairworthy.
  • Do not operate strobe lights while taxing in vicinity of other aircraft, or during flight through clouds, fog or in hazy conditions.
  • Standard position lights to be on for all night operations.
  • Do Not turn off alternator in flight, except in case of emergency.
  • ELT located behind upper rear cargo compartment
  • Refer to weight and balance for cargo and passenger loading.
  • No smoking GPS for VFR flight only.
  • This aircraft must be operated in normal category only.
  • All acrobatics including spins, prohibited.

Are you installing brake boosters, VGs? Those have their own placards along with engine STCs. Also research your Airworthiness Directives because some ADs call for placards to be installed.

Back