• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Pilots Bill of Rights 2 Makes it to Executive Session, thanks to AOPA and your support!

Thanks for the post. I wonder whose payroll this Nelson is on?
There are a number of groups who oppose the PBR2, as has been mentioned. Jim told me that Senator Nelson was not a happy person when he left the Senate chambers.

Randy

Well.....sigh........no surprise.......a quick search will tell you all you need to know..................

Bill

Too busy to show up for work!
its easy to think that but after being on the Hill some 15 times in the past 10 years you soon realize just how BUSY the Capital really is with many many committee hearings and rules committees often meeting simultaneously and then there's floor votes being called happening with often short notice. Most members I've met take their voting responsibilities very seriously, after all someone is always keeping score.

I see he's a lawyer, career politician, and went on a space shuttle ride. Still haven't figured it out.
He's a deputy Whip, meaning he's part of his (D) party leadership so I'm guessing the FAA, ALPA, Insurance industry or the AME group (or likely multiples thereof) has gone to him with proposed changes he can use in a party fight and/or he's perhaps he's looking for a compromise on something Senator Inhofe controls via his Chairmanship of Senate EPW ( Enviroment and Public Works Committee, think EPA and USArmy Corps of Engineers...)

Last edited:
So, bottom line is, this Bill Nelson thinks he's important. A long time ago a very good man told me that "serving in congress was meant to be a short tem public service--not a career. Those words come to mind when reading the above posts.

Bill Nelson contributors, by industry:

attachment.php

Lots of health services.

Attachments

• Screen Shot.png
    Screen Shot.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 764
I received a note from Mark Baker...

"Stay tuned late next week another window may open".

Folks, keep your foot on the gas pedal!

Randy

I received a note from Mark Baker...

"Stay tuned late next week another window may open".

Folks, keep your foot on the gas pedal!

Randy
Kinda like December 4th as mentioned in your earlier post on November 16th. It is interesting about the quorum issue on the 18th but then they carried on with other business.

Thanks Randy!

pilots bill of rights

Just received this note from Mark Baker:

Delay of game looks like a short term extension til dec 4th - boy these guys don't know what deadline means !
FYI

There you have it. This gives us more time to contact our Senators and push for the PRB2. Let's take advantage of that extension, shall we?!

Randy

whats the cliff note version of the bill?

I just jumped into it, but they are discussing odorization of gas and pipelines..,what was the result of PBR2?

Relatively quick and painless compared to the last go around. It's not clear what compromises were made since the last session, but aside from one objection from Sen. Blumenthal of CT, the bill passed out of committee on a voice vote. I'll wait for the more politically attuned to explain how it was amended and what happens next.

PBR2 Passed the Senate Transportion Committee! Wow, this is awesome!

Mark Baker is ecstatic, as are we!

Randy

Back