• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Free place to stay----Floats in the summer...skis in the winter McGregor, MN

Paul Jackson

PATRON
MN
I bought a place just NW of McGregor MN that has a seaplane ramp and emergency accommodations for wayward Cub (or spam can) pilots. I have a vertical log cabin with no heat that is open (unlocked) with bunks and also plenty of space and ramp for tents and tie down. The ramp is unpassable at present due to ice heaving but will be ready in the Spring of 2016. I will also have a seaplane dedicated dock in the water at ice out. If you are on skis you are welcome in the winter and I can point you to a spare set of keys for the main cabin (beer deposit is non-refundable). There is mo-gas on the lake at the supper club. I don't have wheels there as of yet but should soon.

Here are the details:

Jackson Seaplane Base - Horseshoe Lake
Located on east shore ramp is to south

Identifier Pending for Airport
46-43-00.81N
93-12-36.80W
1225 MSL

8 miles NE of KHZX which has 100LL and courtesy car

Call or text if you are coming or there Paul Jackson 612-963-1655

Wow, that would be a great stop off on the way to Voyagers Park for us next Spring. What a nice offer. We have a homebuilt
amphib,( SuperCub like) and are always looking for fun places. Thanks much. Jeff and Patty 608-334-5863 Madison, Wi.

Update on the base.

I have a seaplane dock installed next to the amphib ramp. I am completing regrade of the ramp this weekend with a bobcat and will install conveyor rubber on ramp. I don't want any of you plastic float guys to scratch your floats (Wip made me say that). I will have tie downs for amphibs installed and marked on my ramp area (pretty sheltered behind tree line). There are mooring balls but I have to relocate them to work with the dock but if you feel so inclined you are welcome to use them.

The emergency cabin is open and has bunk beds. I have power in there and will have main cabin instructions for use under the pillow on top bunk (shower and indoor plumbing and access to my Commander UTV to get to dinner). Same as above please drop me a text or a call if you are staying over so the locals don't shoot you. We are there most weekends in July and August and try to monitor 122.90 when there.

If you have a grand kid or young son or daughter and want an easy camping trip feel free to come up. Pretty easy on them and you and your plane is secured.

Bathroom is always available for quick stops on the way North or South.

MN61 is identifier.

Paul & Kristi Jackson
612-963-1655

Last edited:
Back