• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New Javron Build

flyanozira

SPONSOR
Phoenix, Az
Earlier this year I ordered a Cub from Jay at Javron. I will be headed to Brainerd 11/13/15 to begin working on it, (builder assist) at a shop near Jay’s place. I went with a widebody fuselage, O340, square tip wings, Selkirk cowl, and Vetterman exhaust. Through Jay we're installing carbon floors, brake & fuel lines and interior panels. Jay has been an incredible source of information and knowledge. I’m looking forward to getting it back to Arizona in hopes to finish up in time to make Johnson Creek in 2016.
My current Cub is a 1955 PA18A, O360, extended gear, Firman Pod, and 29s. It’s been great but I’m ready to move to the experimental world and lose some weight in the process. The ’55 weighs in at 1182, and I’m hoping to be closer to 1000 with the new Cub.
Covering will be Oratex (white), after talking to Larry V. I was more convinced than ever. Still have to paint a few items, but the labor savings outweigh the cost difference to me. One of the most convincing items was the cost of a local shops price to cover and paint the new Cub. They came back with $32-35k. I thought that to be rather high, but perhaps I'm just uninformed.

I’ll start a post on the build page once I return from Minnesota.

I told my wife this was all Bill R’s fault…

Nelson

Congratulations! Take lots of photo's of your fuel line installation. You'll be worn out by the time you head back home, and begging for mercy.

Will you be working with Jack Bressina(sp) at Cornell Aero for the build?

Congratulations--I'm sure it will be a great airplane.

That's awesome. I am actually building a set of Javron wings right now. I was one of the first to get his wings in kit form. I am done with the left wing and about to start on my right wing. Jay has been a real pleasure to deal with, and his work is top notch. I would post a pic, but in not sure how. I have a Facebook page for my build if anyone wants to follow. Search " highcountry cub"

Congrats. Flymore blames it on me too. In fact I suspect I'm the bane of several wives. Haha.

You are going to love it. It's not easy but it is DEFINITELY worth it.

Bill

Bill,,,,,,,I doubt you have a clue to the true volume and scope of things we blame on you. :lol: Sincerely though, you're a great and positive influence on anyone I've ever spoken with that knows you. Have to say the same about Flymore too! I think the real question here is, who do you get to blame stuff on?

Back