• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Looking for hangar for my Super Cub - Atlanta, GA

ATCT

Big T Airpark - Senoia, GA
Hey Yall
My wife and I are relocating from tropical Anchorage to Peachtree City, GA early next year (february/march) and it seems hangars on the south side of Atlanta are hard to come by. Anyone know of anything available next year in the south Atlanta area, preferably a super cub friendly environment? I put my name on the list at FFC but that seems to move like molasses. My buddy is flying my cub down to Oshkosh and we're gonna meet there and bring to Atlanta by late July/August. Thanks for any leads!

Clint
(and before ya ask; work....I sure hope there's at least some gravel bars to play on down there!)

I sort of doubt the gravel bars, but there is a network of retired Delta pilots somewhere between Williamson, Griffin, and Zebulon, and all seem to have airports in their front yard. I have landed my Cub at maybe eight of them, all grass, and some with hangars. Make friends down there, and maybe you can avoid Peachtree and its class delta airspace. In the olden days, some were almost as challenging as a gravel bar.

Hey , ditto what was said about numerous grass strips south of Atlanta .one I would mention is Peach State aerodrome there at Williamson about an hour south just west of Griffin ga..They may not have anything but a open hanger/lean to but could work until you find something.I am at Villa Rica west of town about 25 miles . Many vacant hangers there also till ha found something better/close to you ..Should not have too much trouble finding a hanger ..Where will you be locating , which part of town ?

Sorry, I'm on the Northside of ATL. Hangars up here are also on a really long waitlist. Take Richards advise and call PeachState. They are very Cub friendly and will get the word out. peachstateaero.com
Ask for Ron Alexander. He owns the place. I will be down there next Sat for the Veterans Day Fly In. Will ask around for you.

Welcome to the Southside....Delta Base Housing!

Lou
not Delta

It's a little drive to the south but several of us have taildraggers at Thomaston KOPN. Very friendly airport staff and reasonable hangar rates and fuel prices.

Edit to add my endorsement for Peachstate.. even if you can't find a hangar there you'll want to visit.

Last edited:
Peachstate definitely and its a short drive from PTC. Are you interested in residential airport property? Shoot me a PM and I will put you in touch with my dad who lives in the same area, on an airfield. He could put you in touch with some available places.

Hey Yall
My wife and I are relocating from tropical Anchorage to Peachtree City, GA early next year (february/march) and it seems hangars on the south side of Atlanta are hard to come by. Anyone know of anything available next year in the south Atlanta area, preferably a super cub friendly environment? I put my name on the list at FFC but that seems to move like molasses. My buddy is flying my cub down to Oshkosh and we're gonna meet there and bring to Atlanta by late July/August. Thanks for any leads!

Clint
(and before ya ask; work....I sure hope there's at least some gravel bars to play on down there!)

Well, welcome to GA! Gonna be a culture shock. No bears anyway........... If nothing else we can help you out short term......... possibly long term, get in touch. Were in Newnan and Luthersville, CCO and 1GA2 just south of PTC

There are bears, even in PTC, had them in my backyard when I lived there. Wildlife is abundant because you cannot hunt in PTC. Place is over run with deer and bears show up often.

There are bears, even in PTC, had them in my backyard when I lived there. Wildlife is abundant because you cannot hunt in PTC. Place is over run with deer and bears show up often.

Hmmmmmm I know there are some north of here in the hills but haven't seen any around here but have heard of them like you say. At least they are the kind that wont eat ya! We have coyotes, wild hogs, armagodamdillos, and lots of deer here too.

For the guy that's looking for the hangar on the south side...... Newnan has a list like most and near impossible to get a T hangar unless someone dies or moves away. County wont build any more. There are a lot of owner hangars like mine that can sub lease. I just don't have any room but I know of a couple that might. Check around "Tailwheel Alley" on the west side of Newnan if you cant find anything closer. Lot of "friendlies" there. ........ except for the flight (fright) school on the east side. PTC about 20 minutes away.

Last edited:
Newnan definitely looks possible. I've looked at Peachstate but they sure do want a lot for a housing lot (even by AK standards!). I'm lookin at a Lot on Big T in Senoia, so we'll see how that goes. Just trying to find a home away from the Mooneys and Barons in the FFC group hangar!

i wouldn't mind driving a ways for a temporary home (30+ minutes from Peachtree City) as long as she's covered. Thanks for the help and if anyone has any room, feel free to give me a call at 9072316983.

thanks again guys!

clint

Back