• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Bungee Replacement Problem

Taledrger

SPONSOR
SW Michigan
Borrowed a Bungee Buddy to replace the bungees on my Super Cub. Putting on 1280HD and the first one went on easily but the second one is giving me fits. Wondering if anyone has had a similar problem...???

To clarify: KY will help reduce friction between bungees when installing. Also allows them "equalize" and find their "home"
a little better. Water based, so, will not affect rubber.
watered down, is not as messy to deal with, mist the area with a spray bottle if things start to dry out.
Toughest part will be finding someone to purchase the KY for you.
good luck, be careful.

To clarify: KY will help reduce friction between bungees when installing. Also allows them "equalize" and find their "home"
a little better. Water based, so, will not affect rubber.
watered down, is not as messy to deal with, mist the area with a spray bottle if things start to dry out.
Toughest part will be finding someone to purchase the KY for you.
good luck, be careful.

will have to remember that.. to explain... I bet she never knew it was called a bungee, I bet.... ;-)

Hey,
ive been breathing Polybrush all evening. Was all I could do to put two intelligible sentences together.
cut me a little slack...:???:

And To think what I have been missing......I used to just drive to Univair with the forks and watch them do the job!
I think that applying, misting, stretching, and finding home now seems the way to.��

Is the tool spreading apart so that the bungee pops off without going on the hydrosorb? If so use a large "C" clamp to keep the frame together.

Here is a picture of how I do it.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF4204.jpg
    DSCF4204.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 740
  • DSCF4205.jpg
    DSCF4205.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 728
Due to age and shoulder condition, I sent my hydrosorbs off to Univaire to have bungees installed. Got them back yesterday and the attachment holes are wrong. They should be 90 degrees off, but are lined up.
Bungee cord 2.JPGBungee cord.JPG
What's the fix? Rotate the smaller end where the hood is located or the other? Neither end has much give with a long screwdriver and clamped in a vise.

Attachments

• Bungee cord 2.JPG
    Bungee cord 2.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Bungee cord.JPG
    Bungee cord.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 108
I did that last winter - I felt pretty stupid.... I tried to remedy, but ended up cutting them off and starting over.

Thanks Steve. But which end rotates? The larger end appears to be welded to the ears. If I put the pin in a vice on the larger (diameter) end and rotate the opposite end is there a possibility of breaking something internally?

Back