• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

helmets

Bought and setup a Team Wendy Search and Rescue helmet with some cheapo Peltors. My brother gave it a flight or two and was pleased with the comfort, headset quality wasn't what he was used to ( Lightspeed Zulu). But he and his boss are considering getting their own. I also bought a Kask Plasma arborist helmet, have only tried it with ear muffs, comfortable, but seems like more of a glorified hard hat than a helmet. Wendy ear cut out s have better clearance for headset too. Both comfy, but the Wendy is my choice.View attachment 34900
I’m interested in the Team Wendy SAR also, can you tell me if the Peltor headset adapters will work with other head sets, a small modification or a no go? (from your experience). Thanks for your post on this helmet!
Roddy

I think the headset adapters will work with just about anything with a stud sticking out the side of the ear cup. Wouldn't be hard to use a screw as a stud either. Can't say enough about the comfort of the helmet itself. IMG_20180728_175304.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180728_175304.jpg
    IMG_20180728_175304.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 216
There a chat going on here.. But I would figure I would share with the rest of the class. I have developed a converter for exactly that helmet described above. Works with David Clark, Bose A20, and Bose X. Sky Cowboy Supply Co

Did any one else find the DC instructions to be lacking or installing the DC headset to be a pain in the butt?

A) any way to install without taking off gel ear pads? The instructions say not to but I could not push them through....they fell off in the process. The old ones also started leaking gel so got some new ones, which i think makes it harder to get them back on.
20240325_211549.jpg
20240325_211602.jpg

B) where or how to you attach the headband retainer tabs?

You can stretch those ear cups more than you think... I'm always replacing them on HGU type helmets. The headband pad needs to be removed to install in the K helmet...

I'm just about to install 2 brand new headsets into K10 helmets myself. Any recommendations?

Did any one else find the DC instructions to be lacking or installing the DC headset to be a pain in the butt?

A) any way to install without taking off gel ear pads? The instructions say not to but I could not push them through....they fell off in the process. The old ones also started leaking gel so got some new ones, which i think makes it harder to get them back on.

B) where or how to you attach the headband retainer tabs?
You need to bite the bullet and get a Gallet or a Lift, it's where you're going to end up anyway ;)

Back