• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

STOL magazine hits B&N in Minneapolis

WindOnHisNose

BENEFACTOR
Lino Lakes MN (MY18)
Congratulations to Dennis and Sheila Smith and team for gaining placement of STOL magazine in Barnes and Noble! I found this tonight, and think it is awesome to see attention drawn to this exciting aspect of aviation!

image.jpg

Randy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 205
I just subscribed a couple of days ago. I see a picture of the Mountain Goat is on the latest cover, So i did it. Hope im not depressed with the article when i get my copy. Always wanted to see some up close pictures of that plane.

There is a big write up on the Goat in Northern Pilot if you can find the old issue.

Guess I'm going to make my way up there today. Hope you didn't buy the last copy Randy. :wink:

Anyone have a 1999 June-July Northern Pilot Magazine they want to part with. Northern Pilot went in with Pilot Getaways and its not working out very well to get back issues.

I will look around for mine. If I find it I will send you a PM and mail it to you. No guarantees but I will look.

Checked out the STOL Aircraft Magazine website and found out that a subscription gets you 4 quarterly issues for $21, and that's about all. Can someone post a photo of the table of contents page from an issue or two so I can get an idea what to expect?

I don't have a table of contents for you but I looked at a couple of issues in my airport lobby and there is airplane write ups, gun articles and all looks pretty good to me. It's printed on high quality paper with nice photos. Can't be cheap putting together a magazine and getting it mailed out so for 5.25 an issue I would call it a good buy.

I just subscribed a couple of days ago. I see a picture of the Mountain Goat is on the latest cover, So i did it. Hope im not depressed with the article when i get my copy. Always wanted to see some up close pictures of that plane.

You got my curiosity going with that so I had do a little research. It looks like the unholy marriage of a Supercub and an Arctic Tern. Appears to have a semi-symmetrical wing like the Tern. I'm not sure whose vision of a good idea that was.

We received our first copy today. We read it from cover to cover. Very impressive! Thank you!

Terrific mag Shooter. Just picked up a copy at B&N in Hingham MA. They had a stack front and center on the rack.

Back