• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

incident at Johnson Creek????

fatcub

Enumclaw, WA.
I am getting reports here of an Incident involving a pacer. You guys on the ground over there know anything??

I know about it here in Ontario as my Colorado buddy was landing behind them. Best I keep my lips shut and let someone with first hand reply to what the situation is now.

Yes there was an accident today, only one aircraft involved. There were injuries but we believe that both guys will recover. Out of respect of all involved let's not speculate about it until we have all the details. sj

Thanks Steve, Hopefully they will be around the campfire soon with you guys.

Scott..

If anyone has information on the health of those involved it would be appreciated. Don't really care about the details but would like to know if they are alright and out of the hospital at least.

I agree . At one time some pertinent info would be shared. Conjecture or speculation could be left out. Sounds like it is politically incorrect to even share the facts.

nothing has been said on any of the three sites I frequent.. it's almost as though the over 100 aircraft owners in attendance were told to not discuss this... I would like to know if this was an approach to landing accident, a ground loop, or what... I agree it has become somewhat politically incorrect to discuss or even mention anyof these mishaps..but then again it's why I avoid fly ins....

Folks, I think people are just being respectful here - and they don't have good internet in Johnson creek. I don't have current information on the condition of these fellows and I think we should wait until we have that. There is no conspiracy to keep information off of here, just the same kind of respect any of us would want were it us in the situation.

sj

Sometimes I feel things are better left unsaid. People often want to glob onto the negative, rather then focus on the positive...additionally we see folks ready to relish and post photos of others mishaps. Glad the folks survived...carry on Folks...hope to make Johnson Creek someday...

Sweeping events like this under the rug and focusing on only the positive is a recipe for repeating history. People want to learn from others so as to avoid making the same mistakes.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Ditto. NTSB report will not be secret either...... Whatever. Post #10 is enough for me. Thanks.

Agreed about #10. That is the objective facts I was interested in. However, #10 appears to go against politics.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

There is a very big difference in "sweeping under the rug" and giving family, etc the benefit of knowing what happened first, and knowing all the facts.

I agree it has become somewhat politically incorrect to discuss or even mention anyof these mishaps..but then again it's why I avoid fly ins....

Okay, I'll bite. How does political correctness enter into reporting on an incident/accident, irrespective of the reporter's accuracy of what occurred?

I don't see PCness, I think it is being a polite and respectful human being and fellow pilot to let those involved be allowed to tell their story. I read something about that once, in an Alaska flying book (an unwritten Alaska pilot code of conduct), and it makes sense. S**t happens. Sometimes it is pilot error and sometimes there are other factors that the pilot can't fully mitigate, hopefully they all heal completely and fly again.

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, lots of emotions at this time. I was the pilot, received a broken arm stiches above the hairline and facial, shoulder and bruising to my feet. Jeff, who was with me broke his left arm, left leg, 2 ribs and his nose. as well as stiches to his nose and bruises. Very glad for all the help and care we received from all of you after the accident. I have been thanking our lord constantly that no one on the ground was hurt, and Jeff and I are alive. Clearly it was a mistake to try a go around at JC with density altitude and a 135hp Pacer. I was told getting low was key while flying the pattern in to JC. Turned final and saw I was high, slipped it down when I should have gone around then. after that it was one thing wrong after another. Very sorry to put a damper on your weekend.

Glenn

The primary key in any aviation operation is to be ABLE to tell the story after the fact.

Congratulations on surviving a tough situation...I'm sure we all wish you a speedy recovery.

MTV

Last edited:
Glenn, it was very hard to witness, and we are all very relieved that you are both alive.

sj

Glenn,

MTV said it well, being able to tell the story is the most important part of the equation. Glad you and your friend are alive and will heal.

Many of us have a story or two to tell about things going bad, so don't feel alone or beat yourself up about it.

Bill Rusk talked about his scare on the river a few years ago, it was a good education for many of us - we were all glad he had survived that. Maybe some day in the future you can help others avoid the situation you found yourself in.

Until then, heal up and keep the faith!

Glenn,

The two of you will have great stories for years to come and at this point it's nothing that some paperwork, some good Burbon, some time, and something your new hat won't help fix.

Wear it with pride and humility, because you can... I know I do!

Kirby

Last edited:
Glenn and Jeff

Thank the Lord you will be OK!! I know the hurt. Been there, done that. I am so very thankful you are here. I will pray for your healing, both physically and emotionally. God Blessed you, and us, with your life. Next time I'm in Portland I'll buy you a beer, and you know you are always welcome at the house for R and R anytime.

Thank you Lord and please Bless Glenn and Jeff.

Bill

Glenn, some time needs to pass but you'll get it sorted out. Missed you down at the shooting pit yesterday. Put lead down range for ya. Get well soon buddy!

Glenn try and keep your head up. Easter before last I bent my cub luckily no one was hurt. It still makes me mad to this day. The new fuselage will be done in a couple weeks. Planes can be replaced or rebuilt the important thing is your both here to tell your story and fly again.

Glenn, thanks for posting the health update and glad all will heal and return to their families.
What Bill said above!! ----- By the grace of God.

Back