• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Pressure Grilled Beef

flagold

Abbeville, Alabama

Of course you could do this with elk, bear, deer, too.

Best of luck with your flying adventures.

We love our Cobb Cooker

Absolutely!

This piece of meat I was doing is a "cracker" cow (wild cow we get near the Everglades) that is normally very tough. I have used it now on venison with great results as well, but did increase the time to 75 minutes (cooked off the bone).

Another way of doing this is with Cajun mix - and it's very good (my mix below).

About 20 years ago I cooked steelhead trout for about 1500 people at a rally near Myrtle Creek, Oregon and used this mix (I'll put the ingredients so you don't have to watch the vid (but it has steak, chicken and pork recipes too) -- below that is Red Beans Rice And Sausage (mix used in it) - time to get ready for hunting season:

Mix doubles as a rub for Chicken, Pork, Beef, BBQ. Killer for Chicken Wings. Smoking fish - rub on, refrigerate a 1/2 hour, wash off, and smoke. Blackening seasoning also used for grilling fish (the way I did in Oregon) - rub on, then rub oil on the flesh, grill skin side down till done. Blackened seasoning is used for frying fish and chicken - mix 2 teaspoons corn starch, 1/2 cup flour (or cornmeal) & 1 tablespoon (level) seasoning mix. Vegetables: sprinkle on, top with butter or oil and bake, broil, or whatever works for you! Add it to water to boil crab, shrimp, & crawfish in the same way you use Cajun crab seasoning or crawfish boil or simply sprinkle and grill.

Red Beans & Rice:

Red Beans & Rice Recipe Basics: 1 cup mixed sweet peppers - 1 cup onion - 1 cup celery - 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic - 2 bay leaves - 1 lb sausage (you like) - add 1/2 cup water + 1 tablespoon butter or oil (if a dry sausage) and boil/fry down till cooked - add 2 tablespoons seasoning mix + 2 teaspoons salt & fry 2 minutes more - add 2 cans beans (1 crushed to make a gravy) + 1 can water + 1 tablespoon hot sauce (I use Trappy's) bring to boil then simmer down until consistency you like (coats the spoon for thick). If thin - soup - if thick red beans & sausage over rice. Happy eating!

flagold's identity has been revealed. He's really Martha Stewart! :p:p:p

Well, not quite, but I do come by it honestly having learned under my father and some directly from his mother. My father was teaching at the Chicago Navy School when WWII broke out and he (and other instructors) were sent to Pearl Harbor to fly PB2Y's on night missions around Funafuti (off Australia) which they used as a harbor right under the enemies' nose. Anyway, he'd been a mama's boy and she was a trained pastry chef, so when the crew got a taste of his cooking they shipped the real cook off somewhere (probably the Marines . . .). His PB2Y experience chronicled in "An Immigrant's Tale" - not to much known about the PB2Y's service early in the war (as opposed to the PBY):

Back